Elon Musk sued by cave rescuer he called a "child rapist" then dared to sue

Stock buyback.

5 Likes

I think his plan is to be the first wacky billionaire recluse on Mars.

1 Like

In this case, “supernatural ability to diagnose paedophilia at intercontinental distances, going only on the information that Musk’s magic submarine had been dissed and that someone else was getting admiration that was meant for Musk”.

8 Likes

It may even include body modifications

I am sure that Musk sees himself as Arkady Bogdanov, but all the evidence I see suggests he’s more like Phyllis Boyle.

4 Likes

Or just any lawyer really…

1 Like

The guy was NOT a “cave rescuer”. His participation consisted of recommending the team who actually performed the rescue. And then standing around insulting Elon Musk, who traveled halfway around the world with a minisub his company designed and fabricated gratis at the request and specification of the real cave rescue team. If that sub was “ridiculous”, it ain’t Musk’s fault.

And then being called a pedo, probably because he has lived in the child sex procurement capital of the world for decades. Not Musk’s finest moment, but don’t mistake Vernon Unsworth as a hero or innocent victim.

This article, like every Musk article I have seen here lately, is biased.

1 Like

That’s… really not how that works, I’m afraid.

11 Likes

hiddleston-okay

20 Likes

Elon musks publicist needs to be fired. It would have been so simple to salvage this (and probably cheaper) if the publicist had immediately gone on the air and said something like

“No no, Elon musk didn’t mean to call THAT guy a pedo. He meant to call ALL the rescuers pedos. That way they could all sue, and we would get a tax deduction, and they wouldn’t have to pay any taxes, on what they most certainly deserve for the brave work they performed.”

But no…not that at all.

2 Likes

I would be willing to bet Musk’s entire fortune that he doesn’t have, and doesn’t think he needs, a publicist.

7 Likes

I would bet MY entire fortune that him not having a publicist would be legal grounds to oust him from tesla

1 Like

You forgot the /s right?

Back on topic. Continues to prove the truth: Musk is an asshole.

9 Likes

I kind of like Elon’s new look.

9 Likes

Which is why I am eager to see this play out in court, since he implied he could provide evidence with the whole “Notice he hasn’t sued me yet” type double down comment.

1 Like

Now there is a man who is disappointed in Boing Boing :wink:

8 Likes

No, he was suggesting that his random, unsubstantiated slur might accidentally be correct with that comment. Which just guaranteed that he’d be sued. Hopefully for staggering amounts of money.

7 Likes

And yours isn’t? Got shares in Tesla, perhaps?
The bloke in question isn’t a diver, he’s a caver, who lives where he does because of the cave systems, and he knows them intimately. He was able to suggest the exact spot to the rescue teams where the children may well be found, and was there giving detailed advice on the cave system right through the operation, as the only individual available who had that first-hand knowledge. The rescue teams have been full of praise for his help and advice while the operation was under way.
This has been widely published, you might like to spend some time researching what those actually working to rescue the kids have to say, rather than trying to boost Musk; his silly submarine could never, ever have worked, any rigid structure would by physically impossible to work around the obstacles and tight curves in the cave system, from what I’ve seen of the footage taken it shows my absolute worst nightmare, struggling to squeeze through tight spaces hundreds of feet underground and, in places underwater as well. Just thinking about it fills me with terror!
Look up the caving term ‘sump’, then try to imagine stuffing a six foot long by two foot diameter rigid tube around somewhere like that, then you might see why Musk’s silly toy was sneered at. _I _can see why it would fail miserably, and I’m not even a caver or engineer, just someone’s with common sense, and without an ego big enough to see on Google Earth.

18 Likes

“do you take paypal ?”

I may have mis-remembered the story about his father and sister.

They were in the same place at the same time for the same reason, not much of a reach to assume they met at least briefly.