Elon Musk: 'Tesla is restarting production today against Alameda County rules'

When those assholes are the only ones with the resources to make those inherently cool things a reality, it kills my interest in them. Bezos and Musk essentially owning the means of human spaceflight and having everyone’s attention front & center on them doesn’t get me enthusiastic.

The particular version of humanity in space that these guys want? It doesn’t have major benefits for humanity. Hell, it’s not even inherently cool; they want to build their own Galt’s Gulches on Mars. But it’s the version that sadly has, far and away, the most eyes and ears and money on it, as far as I know.

I brought this up a few weeks ago in the Space thread. Nobody answered the questions that I had asked, and that just plain bummed me out even further. I’m still open to someone to reply to me over there in that thread, cause I do want something to look forward to.

Back to the topic of electric cars, the companies that make them, and so forth: My options for electric cars done right are far and wide. I’m glad that I have an embarrassment of choices in that sector to pick from, and that Tesla doesn’t have a monopoly on it. But as others have stated, not just in this thread but in others revolving around Tesla and Musk, the best thing that we can do as a society is invest in efficient public transport measures. I’d like to add on that we also need to cut down on urban sprawl and try to get various cities to build up rather than out.

Make it so that people don’t necessarily have to own a vehicle, or if they want to, they don’t have to drive it as often, or as far in order to get their shopping or other errands done. Elon “Subway Stalinists” Musk ain’t gonna be part of that. Or, if he is, he’s gonna have to swallow his pride and play nice with a team rather than be the lone genius who solves the problem singlehandedly. Like you said, this stuff is impossible for an individual to tackle.

1 Like