Elon Musk: 'Tesla is restarting production today against Alameda County rules'

Let’s leave “crazy” to folks that are actually diagnosed as suffering from mental illness, as per our community guidelines, please.

5 Likes

Actually, let’s refer to them, if we really have to bring what they are struggling with, using the actual term for whatever they have been diagnosed with, rather than using a generic slur to discount them. And we can just say that Elon’s recent behavior seems…erratic and poorly considered.

13 Likes

Even better!

4 Likes

Rosa Parks he ain’t… :-/

2 Likes

I can’t speculate on his mental state or what’s caused this weird behaviour. But as with you, he’s managed to blow a a lot of goodwill with me over the past couple of years to the point where his appearance in the news is more likely to make me cringe than nod in agreement; considering the level of admiration I have for his accomplishments in years past, that’s saying something.

Tesla’s major shareholders and board members must be even less pleased with his antics. A founder who descends into this kind of behaviour – especially a high profile one who’s become the centre of a personality cult – is a nightmare for most investors (SoftBank excepted).

11 Likes

Let’s have some reminders…

https://twitter.com/whmullally/status/962623052050829312

25 Likes

That’s not Grimes, either

Not sure who it is, anybody who cares can Google “how many times has Elon Musk been married”

4 Likes

Full article here:

IIRC, Unpronounceable Spyplane is his sixth kid.

16 Likes

It goes without saying that “He had grown up in the male-dominated culture of South Africa…” is absolutely no excuse for being a misogynist dick. My brother-in-law grew up in South Africa and he was secure enough in his masculinity to take an extended turn as the primary family caregiver while my sister—who is both younger than him and makes more money than he does—resumed her full-time work as a medical doctor.

21 Likes
9 Likes

ab-fab-patsy-piss-off

Yet another capitalist who doesn’t give a rat’s ass about his employees… making luxury cars isn’t remotely “essential”.

18 Likes

I hope this costs him billions per victim.

6 Likes

Tesla pushed the limits of electric cars far beyond anything the world was doing before Tesla. Despite absurd hurdles thrown in their way, they produced amazing product, and forced other car companies to adapt to a cleaner driving future. They even made pretty cars (unlike, say the BMW i3, or any Prius, or or or).

Then Tesla started to make solar better. The roof tiles are expensive as a gen2 article, but that’ll push other manufacturers in the same direction and bring down prices.

SpaceX seems intent on redefining the costs and reusability of rockets. And they make a rocket that lands. Pretty damn awesome. And they are the reason the USA is sending astronauts into space this month, for the first time in 10 years.

I want to be a fan. And yet Musk just keeps proving himself to be such a raging asshole, it takes shine off of all the awesomeness that the companies produce.

11 Likes

All that needs to be said but I appreciate the whole post.

4 Likes

i’m determined to get an electric car to replace my gasoline powered one. it will not be a Tesla… which it too bad. they seem to be good cars with amazing range. i’m just not interested in giving the entitled, whiny, sociopathic asshole who owns the company one measly cent.

4 Likes

The whole paradigm of raging, petulant CEO has to end.
For example, abuse like this wouldn’t occur in worker-owned cooperative.

Avoiding Tesla is good choice, not only due to Musk’s behavior, but also because they make they cars intentionally difficult to repair by limiting access to diagnostic software and spare parts.

10 Likes

Teslas are luxury cars with excessive range. Get a Zoe or a Leaf, you’ll love them. It is time for electric cars for normal people, not Tesla customers.

9 Likes

Musk has worked hard to make sure that his workers don’t have a union, hmmm who would be the closest local elected representative of the workers … oh Alameda County

2 Likes

Somebody has been bingeing Upload, haven’t they?

But arguably in the wrong direction. We don’t need electric luxury cars, we need cheap, light, electric cars. And if the electricity is produced in thermic power plant, it’s kind of useless.
Even better, you guys deserve a better train (normal trains not hyperloop) infrastructure and better public transport if you want to reduce climate change.

12 Likes