Elon Musk went to the Texas border, put on a cowboy hat, and tried to livestream himself rambling about immigration. The stream experienced rapid unscheduled dissassembly.

I stand corrected. The treason weasel gets a pass on the hat.

9 Likes

“Here,” she says, removing his cowboy hat. She takes it in her left hand, allowing the creases at the front of her hand to align her thumb and fingers, first and second fingers along the central depression, and tips it onto her own head. She leaves it there, but uses her forefinger to lower the brim with a single measured tap. “Like that.” She looks at him from under the brim. “Remove it this way.” Tipping it off. She replaces it on his head. “The way you do it, it looks like you’d need a stepladder to get on the horse.”

Pattern Recognition, William Gibson.

28 Likes

People are saying he is wearing his hat backwards. I am not super familiar with Stetsons, but plausible?

1 Like

Already addressed above by @MikeR

Yeah, the pic @dfaris posted really shows how ill-fitting that hat is. Yikes

I hope he sweated buckets.

11 Likes

How long has he had that, um, distinctive syle of beard? Guess I haven’t seen a lot of photos of him from that angle.

8 Likes

You love to (not be able to) see it.

It’s kind of weird how Elno feels the necessity of injecting himself into random issues, to “fix” them with some bullshit he just came up with that doesn’t remotely address the problem. Though increasingly the issues are getting less random, and more about right-wing bugbears…

Yeah, I’m sure that did the trick. As if gutting the company, cutting vital services and laying off key employees won’t have crippled the ability of the remaining workers to get something like this working.

The fact that it’s still broken after the DeSantis disaster is telling.

To be fair, I suspect his ask amounted to “please restructure all the hardware and software so this works,” to some degree. Everyone had to be involved (and it probably still wasn’t enough).

8 Likes

In high school they referred to that as ‘chin pubes’.

5 Likes

Sounds like the way we ended up with Trumps in this country.

15 Likes

Please fix Elon.

11 Likes

Too late—he’s already had kids.

6 Likes

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

1 Like

He just needs to go the fuck away…

Who are not being raised by him, and at least one of them has outright rejected him. DNA is not destiny, and his kids are not the problem…

15 Likes

I know cowboy hats come in different shapes because of fashion preferences, but that thing still looks ridiculous to me.

Early cowboy hats had their distinctive creaased shape because that’s the way the material would naturally bend when grasped from the top by one hand, and hat makers eventually incorporated that natural crease into their designs.

That’s how this

boss-of-the-plains

Eventually morphed into this

So it feels unnatural to me to see a hat shaped like Elon’s because I can’t picture his arm being able to reach high enough to grasp it like that.

12 Likes

The irony is, Musk is exactly the kind of dangerous immigrant we should be trying to keep out of the US.

9 Likes

Elon at the border minutes before he started to yell at his migrant workers he got tied up into a H-1B at Twitter about the borked video:

Kurt Angle GIF - Kurt Angle Perc - Discover & Share GIFs

14 Likes

Obligatory
Gavin’s Holographic teleconference with Bighead - Silicon Valley - YouTube

5 Likes

Elon, “Illegal immigrants are having trouble crossed the Tex-Mex border. I can solve this problem by installing a Hyper-loop! Hyper-loop, people; HYPER-LOOP!!!”"

6340499b2095d500187d0386

6 Likes

O Cthulu, God-Monster mine! Please command five Texas rattlesnakes to simultaneously bite and lock on to Musk’s nuts!

7 Likes

Since presumably he’s looking to keep people from crossing the border, that’s a highly effective solution.

7 Likes

The “gods” are too easily bored. That’s when shit tends to happen down at our level.

7 Likes