Elon Musk's continuing struggle to be overpaid

tina fey eye roll GIF

I don’t know if I’d brag about stanning for fascist, tho…

Joel Mchale Lol GIF by NETFLIX

13 Likes

Oh, yeah, driving itself was a known problem with Cybertrucks. There was a recall and they can fix it so the accelerator doesn’t stay stuck down now.

14 Likes

No matter how much you try, Elon-senpai will not notice you.

9 Likes

… well, either he made lots of money, or he still owns the stock :thinking:

6 Likes

1m5pnv

8 Likes

Sure it does, just briefly. Same as how it can briefly serve as a boat, then a submarine, then an artificial reef, all in very short order.

7 Likes

I actually thought it was just that it was cheaper to make flat metal and glass panels than form them into complex 3D curves.

Apparently it’s harder to fit them together where they meet. A curved surface bends into place, a plane just leaves a gap with sharp edges. Either way, though, I seriously doubt Elon was actually thinking of anything other than it looking like something from an old video game he thought was cool when he was a kid, having failed to mature in any meaningful way.

6 Likes

It’s also easier to dent or warp flat surfaces than ones that are slightly curved. There’s a reason that old trailers typically either had nice compound curved surfaces like an airstream or else had corrugated surfaces. If you try to make a large, shiny flat surface it usually ends up looking like this:

The Cybertruck has extra thick body panels to help avoid this a bit, but of course that adds cost and weight.

10 Likes

He did allegedly postpone their purchase of 12,000 GPUs (because he wanted twitter to have them first; and being the CEO totally means that you can just use the company’s resources for whatever personal projects amuse you, right?)

7 Likes

Twitter will be greatly improved by adding a lot of fast processing capacity to deal with the huge influx of users it has experienced since Musk took control.

4 Likes

What do you call someone who relies on “self driving” technology?

Dead.

3 Likes

I’d prefer “killer” as they are more likely to kill a pedestrian or cyclist with their wankpanzer than their selfish selves.

Cars are very safe these days, roads are not.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.