Elon Musk's unpleasant persona hurts Tesla brand: survey says

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/01/elon-musks-unpleasant-persona-hurts-tesla-brand-survey-says.html

11 Likes

ALSO: water is wet

Wake Up Sleeping GIF

15 Likes

I actually just moved to a place in rural Australia, and one of my colleagues suggested that I check out Starlink for internet access. My response was basically “I will use goddamn dialup before I give Musk a single damn cent”.

Luckily it turns out I can get a mediocre NBN connection, so crisis averted.

40 Likes

Absolutely! even an introvert (who shall remain nameless) has heard a number (>=3) of peers statements akin to: “Thinking of getting an electric… I’d buy a Tesla but …elon musk, so: no

18 Likes

No shit?! Just wait until they find out about Twitter.

14 Likes

Oh My God Omg GIF

16 Likes

That is the reason I would not get a Tesla charger for my (non-Tesla) EV. But I would also not get a Tesla. Another reason is I am deeply suspicious of OTA updates that could be out of my control.

7 Likes

Elon Musk’s unpleasant persona hurts Tesla brand

20 Likes

No, I’m sure the problem must be with Tesla workers and not its beloved visionary founder*. So he can probably fix the problem by firing most of them and rebranding to CarX.

15 Likes

17 Likes

That’s a weird way to say, “Elon Musk is 100% responsible for the reputational downfall.”

20 Likes

Xar. With the first letter pronounced like the Greek letter chi (Χ).

5 Likes

Their terms of service are… questionable. And I don’t mean the “Mars is a free planet” clause.

4 Likes

This is the non-actionable way to say “Elon Musk is 100% responsible for the reputational downfall. That stupid fucker is tanking the company."

14 Likes

40b859778b80a2792126fb457a4efbd5

8 Likes

Tesla’s do have questionable build quality and It was one thing to overlook that when they were the new scrappy auto maker that was trying to change the world.

Now they are older still have build quality issues and are run by an increasingly public racist idiot. Also there are other competitive EV alternatives out there now.

11 Likes

Plus they’re facing off against chinese carmakers who have been pushing the much safer and cold resistant sodium ion battery tech recently. Even though they’re chinese, they are going to have an easier time than Tesla (who’s doors can’t even work properly) getting their cars on road.

5 Likes

I doubt we’ll be seeing Chinese cars in the American market any time soon. Even if the cars are made to be able to pass US federal motor vehicle safety standards, there’s no way the automobile industry lobby going to let the floodgates of Chinese manufactured cars into the U.S. Expect congress to pass laws that include import restrictions, prohibitively high tarriffs, additional safety standards that are actually made to block out Chinese imported vehicles, etc.

2 Likes

They pass EU ones.

Unlike Cyberteucks which - nope.

15 Likes

Here’s a Chinese-made electric car in the USA.

3 Likes