Elvis Drugs are the fun way for parents to get the drugs they need

Originally published at: Elvis Drugs are the fun way for parents to get the drugs they need | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I deeply resent this, I never got my Elvis Drugs.

6 Likes

It’s actually from the Michael Nesmith music variety show “Elephant Parts”, created in 1981.

14 Likes

Had to look it up, it’s 40 years old at this point, which is frankly sobering.

5 Likes

none of that around here, sobering I mean.

11 Likes

Her parents are pictured in the background, passed out from exhaustion.

Is that what they used to call smoking pot? Because that’s what it looks like they’re doing.

5 Likes

Missing are the pizza boxes strewn about the place…

4 Likes

Holy crap you can’t just drop that in a comment without further elaboration. This was the first time I’ve heard about it, and it sounds wild. Independently produced and distributed straight-to-video set of music videos and comedy sketches, one of which was later aired on SNL. In the top 20 home video tape releases of 1981; #3 laserdisc of 1982 (#1 was Star Wars; #2 Close Encounters). It seems like it was at least 30 years ahead of its time.

3 Likes

Congratulations! You’re one of today’s Lucky 10,000!

1 Like

Mike Nesmith has most/all of the Elephant Parts and TV parts bits on YouTube.

One of my favorites:

Neighborhood Nuclear Superiority

1 Like

It’s actually from the Michael Nesmith music variety show “Elephant Parts”, created in 1981.

Elephant Parts was the video Nesmith created in 81. Television Parts was the 1985 summer replacement series on NBC.

Also, I just saw Mickey Dolenz and Nesmith perform, and while Mickey is in great shape for 76, Mike is almost 79 and quite frail, and used a teleprompter to help with the lyrics. I’m glad I saw him, but wish I’d seen him years earlier.

1 Like

Another of today’s 10,000 here - this is rad, and was also momentarily bemused when,

until I clicked that youtube link - through some odd collision of kerning and bio-optics I was under the distinct impression the series under discussion was “Elephant Pants”

“last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas…”

oh, @Papasan , do deliver the rest! it is so much more delightful when you say it!

3 Likes

Is there a post somewhere that explains how/why BB video posts now come via Air.tv? After I’ve built a “watch later” library on my YouTube channel, and downloaded browser extensions to manipulate their videos to my liking, y’all go and swap out the platform???

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.