Prince meets The Muppets (1997)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/01/18/prince-meets-the-muppets-1997.html

8 Likes

prince-muppets-wait

18 Likes

I so wanted to be there.

3 Likes

maybe this is a query better suited for songlyrics.com but what the hell does “she had a pocket full of horses” mean in Little red corvette

Horse power?

6 Likes

Muppets Tonight was a good show. Definitely miss it. And the original, of course.

I remember how weird the Coolio episode was, with the Muppets all singing, “One two three four, get your woman on the floor”…

2 Likes

aaand i wish i hadn’t searched that now

Trojans, as in condoms.

7 Likes

i need a chaser on that one :frowning:

Are you trying to imply that you were unaware of this particular brand of condoms or of the concept of condoms in general and therefore befuddled/disturbed right now?

3 Likes

I mean… it is Prince… what did you expect exactly? Sunday school? That’s only later Prince, not 80s Prince.

4 Likes

Resurrected from the Hee Haw thread. :grinning:

6 Likes

no, its mostly the “used” part that disturbs me

This was more entertaining than expected. A better hit to miss ratio than ‘Emancipation’.

1 Like

so, today I learned that there was a Muppet show on the Disney channel when I was in college. We had basic cable a few times when we moved into an apartment that hadn’t had the service cancelled, but never Disney. Not that I was watching much tv then, anyway.

I liked the video for Starfish and Coffee, a great tune.

1 Like

the next line Trojans and some of them used should clarify.

i mean its clear but its still super gross to me… how do you get two uses out of one

That canned laughter. I weep!

1 Like

I don’t think there was any mention of reuse.

1 Like

Christmas tree decorations?

4 Likes