Embroidered toast

[Read the post]

1 Like

That toast would be just the thing for making a bacon sarnie:

6 Likes

I think if I had heard about this I would have rolled my eyes but I really do like the execution of these. Especially the texture contrast between toast and the string. Nice and unexpected.

4 Likes

Where did the eighth slice come from?!

3 Likes

Lunch time!

1 Like

uhhhh. . . OK.

2 Likes

I made a composition of seven, as there are days in week

Octeday.

The embroidering is done with Octarine thread, so only wizards (and cats) can see it.

4 Likes

Slovakian, not Slovenian.

…and definitely not Slitheen.

Something’s wrong. I can’t see Jesus in any of these.

2 Likes

I don’t get it.

1 Like

Needlessly wasting food; that’s doing it “right.”

2 Likes

Hey, all art is “waste,” isn’t it?

3 Likes

3 Likes

No, really. Picasso could have spent all that time working in homeless shelters.

If you’re calling it a zero-sum game, you can’t have it both ways: resources either go toward necessities or luxuries. And art is not a necessity.

3 Likes

Human time isn’t a scarce resource, in fact it’s hugely abundant. There is, however, not enough food on the planet, nor enough arable land to produce enough.

So, yea, no.

I mean, it’s a few slices of sourdough, so I’m not gonna get in a tizzy; but having a healthy aversion to food waste is a virtue.

2 Likes

Yet, there is no time in human history, going right back to before we had civilization, where we didn’t make art. Some of the only stuff we have a early humans are the works of art they made and their tools. Keeping and maintaining one’s humanity is part and parcel of making art. Feeling human is a psychic necessity.

I think whether or not the art in question is food wasting, however, is certainly a point of debate. the problem with food scarcity seems to relate more to distribution rather than the ability to produce food. Making food a capitalist commodity made it harder to distribute in the first place. See the export of food from places like Ireland and India in the 19th century during periods of famine.

7 Likes

What I meant to say is, if you require that art use only abundant resources, you rule out an awful lot of art. And that would be bad.

I am not suggesting we stop making art, or that art is not of value.

Eat and floss at the same time!

3 Likes

Thank you, for actually getting the point.