Workers must wear genital-matching clothes or face termination, says Texas AG commissioner

Originally published at: Workers must wear genital-matching clothes or face termination, says Texas AG commissioner | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I suppose that they’ll have to wear pink overalls when they visit farms, then, lest they look too masculine.

19 Likes

OK

53 Likes

8 Likes

14 Likes

Sounds good. Indeed, why not have the whole family wear genital clothes!

35 Likes

Obligs

64 Likes

What about non-binary or intersex people?

Is this okay?

:thinking:

33 Likes

Yea that’s the guy who ruled pizza is a vegetable for school lunches.

16 Likes

“biological gender” sounds like a meaningless statement.

21 Likes

You say socially constructed, they spew essentialism.

17 Likes

Any company telling me what to wear regardless of gender can eff the eff off.

14 Likes

Because nothing says “freedom” quite like sumptuary laws to dictate how you may and may not dress.

29 Likes

How is this remotely enforceable?

Several decades ago I worked with a VP who, on multiple occasions, took a ruler to miniskirts that office staff would wear (there was a rule about so many inches above the knee). In one case it was potentially valid (woman’s skirt was not covering anything really) but otherwise it was waaaaaaaaaay out of line. No one ever called her on it because she was known to be an absolute vindictive terror who delivered consistent top-tier results so the C-suite just ignored her antics.

Will the same now be in place? Drop trou on the way in to determine if you’re dressed right?

14 Likes

That’s because it is. That would be one thing I would bring up in a lawsuit. I would ask them to define that term, and then point out the obvious problem with every definition they could muster, because there is no way to define that that will capture everyone these people believe to be one sex or the other.

21 Likes

Unknown
Awesome. I’ll make sure to show up in ruffles and a wig and knickers and wasitcoat and kitten pumps—the way God intended for men to dress.

40 Likes

This isn’t the future I was promised. Sci fi movies said we’d all be wearing unisex jumpsuits.

20 Likes

“What do you mean I’m fired?”

34 Likes

39 Likes
10 Likes