Enjoy a kick of ginger, a settled stomach, and an absolute abomination of a mascot

Originally published at: Enjoy a kick of ginger, a settled stomach, and an absolute abomination of a mascot | Boing Boing

2 Likes

17 Likes

I’d personally recommend straight crystallised ginger. It’s definitely a delicious chewy snack, don’t let anyone tell you it’s a baking ingredient.

13 Likes

It always struck me as kind of cute - in the same vein as the Michelin man.

7 Likes

Confirmed, these are tasty.

6 Likes

I skip the whole solid ginger process and buy little bottles of liquid ginger. It’s great for making ginger tea; 3 tablespoons of liquid ginger, 2 tablespoons of liquid honey and fill the cup with hot water. Stir and enjoy.

3 Likes

Dramamine™ makes a ginger chew for motion sickness, that is drug-free. i keep a packet in the boat in case anyone gets queasy out on the water. they work well!
as for the ginger root mascot, i also thought of a cute li’l tardigrade “waterbear”!
i don’t see the “abomination”.

8 Likes

I believe what follows was from a Tyson™ advertisement.
Autophage_Bird
I’d say both of these are condoning autophagy, or at least in the case of the cute little ginger person cannibalism.

2 Likes

Turnip28, eh?

1 Like

I usually eat a slice of fresh ginger while I’m prepping to make a gallon of ginger green tea. Love the steamy ginger air when the pot nears boiling. This stuff became my substitute for Coca-Cola and other sweet drinks.

As for the mascot, looks like a ginger-mandrake meld.

6 Likes

I’m not big on candy, but crystallised ginger is one of my two favourite bite-sized sugar snacks, along with sugar-coated tamarind with chilli.

4 Likes

I like him. Like the softest burlap teddy bear ever.

4 Likes

He took a duck in the face at 250 knots.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.