Enraged no-masker wants to fight two men who offer him a face mask

“You believe in a mask, I don’t”.

If this guy really thinks that wearing a mask is some sort of religion, then we -as a species- are totally fucked.

5 Likes

I just want to say…I am as against no masks as everyone else here and for the same reasons…expelling your lung vapors and potential diseases is gross and abhorent.

I have been blasted on these forums for saying the same thing about VAPING. Its is also spreading aerosolized droplets of your lung vapors out. I am not against vaping itself…you do you. But Vapers (at least by observation) act the same way as non-mask wearers. They don’t seem to care where they express that shit at all. Absolutely the same lack of fucks.

5 Likes

I think of masks like underwear – an important hygienic behavior to cover our filthy orifices when going out in public. In fact, since we usually wear pants over underwear, I think we also ought to wear two masks – the first as facial underwear, the second as real clothing.

Ouch. Those photos give me exploding head syndrome :frowning:

2 Likes

“Hey dude, we’re also offering free ‘snark’ today, limited time only.”

“You don’t believe in them? They do exist, bro. Look, I got a box of em here for proof!”

3 Likes

Speaking as a vaper who goes to the smoking patio (despite the now-I-can-smell-it awful stench) and makes an honest effort in any outdoor scenario to distance, gauge wind direction, etc with vaping as I did when I was an analog smoker, some of us give a shit about others. Yes, I too am flabbergasted and disgusted when some cloud chaser decides to blow off like a steam locomotive in a group of people…but that’s because I don’t care for assholes.

ETA: FYI…I also carry a cloth handkerchief and on occasions I have used that as an in-hand-exhale-path, because it absorbs >95% of the vape output (when folded in quarter) and effectively zeros the distribution.

4 Likes

Health care providers who wear the N95 masks with outlet ports do end up wearing an additional outer mask to filter the outlet air.

4 Likes

So, #notallvapers?

Right, got it (though as in other such cases, I already had it).

2 Likes

Oh I fully understand #notallvapers. Not condemning everyone who does it…only that it is noticeable that there is clearly a “type” in all these social groups that seem to not care one iota for anyone else. They clearly have a disregard and are openly discourteous to anyone other than themselves.

1 Like

This. All of this. Some make it visibly obvious in their day to day (a la no-maskers, vape-in-your-face) and some you have to wait until they go to a Trump rally. <ba-dum, chhhhhh>

1 Like

the paradoxically anti-mask anti-vax moms might be mad you are smoking but so many others will pat you on the back while spraying in your face that they are happy you are enjoying your freedom sticks. (freedom from life sticks that is)

2 Likes

One of my favorite bakeries, The Cakebox is in Huntington Beach. The only place (I know of) that has an authentic baumkuchen oven. Very nice old German guy behind the counter.

That guy looks like he probably has a respirator booked already. He doesn’t wear a mask because no fucking way he’s avoiding Covid-19.

… you meant to say, “flout”. It’s a common mistake these days. /pedantic

3 Likes

Has anyone checked whether aerosolized blood has enough viral content to be an infection risk? Standing your ground can get pretty messy.

2 Likes

Assuming this is real, I have total respect for the chill attitude these guys show. But I have to admit that in my imagination I’d enjoy planting the heel of my foot right in tubby’s gut, just to see what happened next.

1 Like

The cynic devil in his blood
That bids him mock his hurrying soul;

That bids him flout the Law he makes,
That bids him make the Law he flouts

– Rudyard Kipling, An American

2 Likes

Are you flaunting your pedantry? :thinking:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.