Enraged no-masker wants to fight two men who offer him a face mask

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/14/enraged-no-masker-wants-to-fig.html

13 Likes

I was waiting for the enraged no-masker to cough.

7 Likes

These guys are familiar.

12 Likes

This was like a Cherdleys sketch come to life.

1 Like

“Take two, if you string them together they can double as a bra!”

11 Likes

My feeling is people like that should be made an example of under “stand your ground laws”.

4 Likes

5 Likes

“My name is Chad Kroeger.”. Um…OK, guess SoCal is pretty far from Ontario…

6 Likes

The hero we need:

8 Likes

Chad and JT make their statements to the council

5 Likes

Huntington Beach has its share of extreme right wingers, although many residents are pretty chill. One of its neighboring cities, Costa Mesa, has at least as many right wingers and outright racists.

2 Likes

Well spotted. More videos here…

2 Likes

The power of denial, and the brittleness of it, is an amazing thing.

Separately, those guys doing the video are pretty funny.

5 Likes

I used to go to Huntington Beach all the time to visit family. I think it’s the only place in California where I’ve ever seen a pack of skinheads driving around in a car emblazoned with giant Confederate flags clearly looking for trouble.

Also: same intersection in Huntington Beach, two different protests. Try to guess which was which.

https://twitter.com/SarahMertan/status/1267208675753517056

14 Likes

The beauty of the beach comes from its slackers; not its wealthy smug overachievers. That these two gentlemen rolled with it rather than allow themselves to be baited into a fight to justify some jerk’s sense of entitlement to flaunt laws he dislikes made him and his position look stupid. I loved the epilogue discussion.

16 Likes

“If you’re gonna give out masks wear shoes in case you have to fight or run”.
True words of wisdom.

12 Likes

Honestly, I’ve reached the point where I might take up smoking again and make sure to light up around no mask wearing folks like this. When they give me the inevitable “second hand smoke” stuff, I’ll simply point out it’ll kill you slower than covid and it’s “my god given first amendment right you communist!”

No, I won’t, but a man must dream…

25 Likes

I love their persona’s! (having seen the Paul Walker video’s further up, I have to believe it’s a act)

Their dimwittedness allows them to be non-threatning and gives them a excuse for asking “dumb” questions. It’s the perfect cover! It also makes them come off as friendly, and makes all people responding unkindly look like the assholes they are. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I’ve been having dreams that I started smoking again. It’s been over 10 years!

5 Likes

Neither of us should take it up again (though I do vape, which is only a marginal improvement I know… at least it smells far better).

2 Likes