Entitled American Karen loses her mind over eclipse viewpoint in Mexico

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/12/entitled-american-karen-loses-her-mind-over-eclipse-viewpoint-in-mexico.html

9 Likes

You paid to reserve a private viewing platform to see… the sun? You do realize you can see the sun absolutely everywhere it’s daytime, right?

Lady, you got scammed.

21 Likes

Just another example why I cringe when traveling with some fellow Americans.

12 Likes

Clearly not sending our best.

I wonder what it says on her red hat?

21 Likes

It sounded like she was trying to reach the Secretary of Tourism by phone at the beginning of that clip. Essentially asking to speak to the manager of Mexico.

27 Likes

I hope she dropped a whole lot of dough, too. The gall.

11 Likes

If she’s gonna go to Mexico, she could have the courtesy to learn the language.

19 Likes

After reading this article, are they sure she was a tourist? Maybe they should check this Karen’s papers, just in case…
FTA:

there are Americans with the means and qualifications to immigrate legally, who simply don’t want to follow the process – a particular pet peeve for Mary.

“I have a real issue with people who live here – and some of our friends who have been here longer than us – who don’t have permanent residency,” she said. “To me, you know, how dare you talk to me about immigration, or any issues with immigration, if you’re not gonna do what the country you’re in requires you to do.

14 Likes

Oh, now that would come as such a shock were it true re: this karen. :roll_eyes:

Well done the little girl!

9 Likes

Season 5 Shut Up GIF by Friends

6 Likes

The true joy of an event is not her being able to experience it, it’s how many other people she can exclude from doing so.

14 Likes

Viewing an eclipse is a truly magical, almost mystical experience. It ranks pretty high on the list for coolest shit I’ve ever experienced (back in 2017). I would absolutely travel to see another if I could.

That said, I cannot begin to understand being able to enjoy it after any kind of drama or temper tantrum. I would be so humiliated and ashamed of myself and the whole thing would feel undeserved. I hope that’s how she felt. Like she ruined it for herself like she tried to ruin it for everyone else.

7 Likes

Same here… even while in the US.

3 Likes

Yup. I watched to the end, when people are patiently explaining to her that this is a public space and it’s not possible for anyone to rent it for a private function. All the while with her saying she paid money so she’s right. I’m sure you did, madam, to somebody.

6 Likes

The swindled getting angry at everyone except the swindler. Sounds like another one who’s… loony for Trump.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.