Eric Trump falsely claims his father won the election in 2020, and “we’re gonna win again in 2024.”

You’re right.

Sorry, Mr. Besser.

3 Likes
4 Likes

He can’t name a successor. The moment he does, he’s done and he knows it. He doesn’t have any real skill or talent, all he’s got is the cult of personality. Once he names a successor, he loses his people. And he’d never allow that.

10 Likes

It’s no good Eric - he still won’t love you.

15 Likes

Think Give Up GIF by Boomerang Official

12 Likes

One thing I’ve always wondered is how that would be enforced/stopped from happening. Like who would have standing to sue? Who would be able to stop it? How would they stop it?

We’ve seen a lot of things that “shouldn’t be done that way” or that “are illegal to do that way” in Trump’s term, and he did it anyway. Even now he’s claiming executive priv of his staff and that’s going to go all the way to the supreme court… and I can see them giving it to them.

So what exactly STOPS him from running and being elected to a third term?

4 Likes

Heart Attack GIF

:crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

YEP that’s where I’m at too.

3 Likes

I think the best we can hope for is Trump Sr has a massive coronary from all the speed and substandard steaks, and his dunderhead sons MVA travelling to the funeral.

Oh -as long as he’s not in prison - Trump will run.

5 Likes

Consider the old definition of insanity: “endlessly repeating the same unsuccessful behavior and expecting a different outcome”. There is no public office that I would want a Trump to inhabit.

3 Likes

Eric probably thinks he’ll be dubbed the Prince of Florida when Daddy ascends the throne.

5 Likes

We can but hope.

1 Like

I mean the constitution explicitly forbids it, but your point is taken. Our so-called checks and balances don’t seem to amount to much these days it seems.

10 Likes

I know the sequels took it in a different direction, but at least in the first Matrix movie I think that Neo’s real superpower was that he stopped taking the virtual world seriously. The pivotal dialogue for me is “Are you saying I can dodge bullets?” “No, I’m saying that you won’t have to”
When he finally gets “killed” he just gets back up again, because he knows it’s only a game. He got to be good at the game, and it looked like he would never lose, but when he did lose he realised that he could just keep playing anyway.

3 Likes

Neither will we.

1 Like

Make America Awake Again?

3 Likes

Nobody else in public life checks all the Trump boxes—if Sarah Palin and Chris Christie were one person, they’d be almost there

It has to be someone who is loud, hostile, abusive, paranoid, physically large enough to be a hazard to himself and others, reflexively hateful toward all the right scapegoats, dumb as a rock to distinguish him from “the elite,” …

7 Likes

Goddess knows that over the past several years I’ve often wanted to shout, “MAAA!”

5 Likes

A chip off the old cell-block.

1 Like

Again… we have “seen this before.”
And so had Rod Serling.
Twilight Zone – Hitler: “How Do You Move A Mob?”

5 Likes