Eric Trump falsely claims his father won the election in 2020, and “we’re gonna win again in 2024.”

That Dennis is a real hopper!

But yeah, it really can happen here. Often seems like it is happening here.

3 Likes

Naming a successor also means admitting the ultimate defeat, and he’s incapable of that.

5 Likes

6 Likes

It’s also taken decades of complicity and greed on the part of news, talk and “infotainment” industries who have been in a symbiotic hyper-capitalist circle-jerk with Trump since the late 70s. The 80s really took the “wisdom of the real estate developer” entirely seriously and built him into a symbol of plain talk by asking his advice on a a variety of topics, a symbol of cleverness and savvy by endlessly selling his businesses and lifestyle. This happened to coincide with the height of power and mainstream respectability of this genre of TV. He was also mocked from all sides, but not in comparable measure to the fawning.

He’s scary and his influence will continue to ripple (his lifetime judicial appointments are scarier than any of his wannabe proteges), but perhaps also pretty singular. It took a LOT of effort from a LOT of people to create this monster.

5 Likes

Hmmm, I think the IRS needs to take a look at the tax exempt status of the political organization (because it sure as hell isn’t a church) where he was speaking.

3 Likes

On top of that, “reality” television saved him from fading into deserved obscurity and irrelevance and, by letting him pose as a decisive leader, enabled him to run for president. I’ve read that Trump’s involvement in The Apprentice was limited to striding into the room and saying “You’re fired!” – and sometimes he would fire the wrong contestant, forcing the producers to craft the episode to make that person look like a failure.

3 Likes

As they say in La-La-Land, "THE BEST…IS YET…TO COME!!!"

show you the treasure of the sierra madre GIF by Warner Archive

Constitution? We don’t need no stinking constitution! (And if they have their way, that will be very literally true.)

4 Likes

That is prescient and also fucking terrifying. I think I hate it.

2 Likes

I also hope they win in 2024 just like they did in 2020, and by win, of course, I mean lose.

Because they did lose. The vote, that is. Got less votes, and lost. Pretty tricky concept, but our leaders should be able to do simple math, in my humble opinion.

2 Likes

there are some potentially similar people out there. one was just named person of the year. ( and i think we should thank jebus he’s not allowed to run. )

4 Likes

Liars gonna lie, thieves gonna thieve, suckers gonna suck-it-up. Yowzah!

PRAISE JEEBUS

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.