ESPN's 30 for 30 spoof honors the Karate Kid

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/17/espns-30-for-30-spoof-honors.html

1 Like

LaRusso should have gotten a suspension for that illegal kick.

1 Like

The big unanswered question I always wanted to know was whether LaRusso ever convince Ali to go on a second date with him to ride the water slide at Golf n’ Stuff.

1 Like

Granted different karate organizations have slightly differing rules, my school was Wado-Kai and punches/kicks to the head or face are allowed but only under very specific conditions. They must be controlled, deliberate, and done safely… if one of those conditions are missing a ref can call against it as being an unsafe hit and put a strike against the fighter or stop the fight entirely and put the victory on the other person. In the case of Karate Kid i would say that it was unsafe considering the force and manner of the kick, a straight on heel kick to the face of an incoming fighter is in no way safe. He could’ve easy killed him.

1 Like
1 Like

Any of us alive at the time will always remember that moment.

I was at that water park once as a teenager. The disgusting Santorum-like water ensured that it was only once.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.