Evangelical pastor allegedly attacks wife on Alaska Airlines flight because she got upgraded to first class

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/09/evangelical-pastor-allegedly-attacks-wife-on-alaska-airlines-flight-because-she-got-upgraded-to-first-class.html

9 Likes

Ely Gemstone does not fly coach, goddammit!

Hbo Edi GIF by The Righteous Gemstones

5 Likes

She’s a gold point member and he isn’t.
She actively sought to sit away from him.

More to this story than meets the eye, though I’m happy to go with likely extrapolation here. Entitled old-age preacher dislikes much younger wife getting ‘uppity’ and showing any sign of independence, including not sitting obediently next to him.

Christ, what an asshole!

21 Likes

What a fantastic group of people that want to be put in charge of everything! That’s going to end up great!

8 Likes

My first ever business-class flight (in one of the older business seats, with the pull up divider), I say next to a woman who was getting roaring drunk, mostly before we took off. She kept ordering drinks and downing them in a way that would make a frat boy envious.

About an hour in, a little boy came up to “talk to mommy”, who was 3 sheets to the wind. She sent him back to daddy, who I saw was past the curtain. She mentioned offhand that only she got the upgrade. I think she was having a little airborne vacation from motherhood.

8 Likes

What a piece of shit.

8 Likes

I hope this is what convinces her to DTMFA. Unfortunately, though, a lot of these Xtianist marriages seem more akin to hostage situations.

16 Likes

Am I the only one that initially read the headline as “al pastor” instead of “evangelical pastor?”

7 Likes

Tacos would never do this.

12 Likes

Sport Yes GIF by HockeyDiversityAlliance

5 Likes

Possibly apocryphal but relevant quote:

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”
– Mahatma Gandhi

11 Likes

The fastest way to lose my trust is to tell me you’re a preacher. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve met some great people of faith in my life, but I automatically assume most preachers are con artists at best.

9 Likes

Ah, yes, when I want someone to sit with me, I find the best tactic is to belittle them loudly and publicly with words, then use physical attacks to emphasize how much I want them to choose to sit next to me. /s
Christ, what an asshole.

7 Likes

The Office Nbc GIF

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.