Man urinates on other passenger on red-eye flight

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/19/man-urinates-on-other-passenger-on-red-eye-flight.html

5 Likes

Pastor? Pisstor, more like!

14 Likes

Christ, what a private area.

11 Likes

Another perfect 2020 story.

12 Likes

But the woman wasn’t tasered repeatedly and dragged off the flight in handcuffs, nor did the pastor claim his religious freedom was violated. You’re slipping, 2020.

19 Likes

But was he wearing a mask?

10 Likes

Gross. Reason #267 why I do not care to fly anymore.

8 Likes

From now on, I’m using the phrase “North Carolina baptism” whenever possible. Who’s with me?

14 Likes

North Carolina is a lovely state, tho.

11 Likes

thats_a_penis_reverse

1 Like

Look, we all know that Ambien makes you racist, but now we find it also makes you a sexual assaulter?

BTW, what are the chances that someone in an induced torpor just happens to mistake a woman’s leg for the toilet and not, say the coffee pot?

6 Likes

Oh, and it’s a black woman, because of course.

Oh, and everyone is declining to name him because they don’t want to violate his rights. I’m just positive that anyone else in the same position would be afforded the same protections. For sure.

ETA: Why would a pastor from NC be in Vegas on a Sunday? Shouldn’t he be in, like, church?

Oh, maybe he was:

13 Likes

I’m sure it is, just a bit ■■■■■. :wink:

6 Likes

The poor lady is also lovely. In an interview with the local news crew, she broke down crying. My takeaway is that there didn’t seem to be any remorse expressed by the pastor.

14 Likes

The pastor is a jerk and it’s pretty horrible what he did. I don’t think that should malign all of NC, tho.

12 Likes

According to sources, the pastor had an apparent reaction to a sleep aid.

So, like, ambian shenanigans? I have heard of people ordering things on Amazon they don’t remember ordering.

2 Likes

We don’t know anything about the pastor, including his age, and it isn’t allowed here to speculate on anyone’s mental state. I’ll just note that I know of several cases of dementia causing inappropriate urination, and medication could aggravate the problem.

If so, the lack of remorse could be simple confusion on the part of the pastor.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s the case here. The entire incident smells like toxic masculinity and privilege, especially since he showed no remorse.

6 Likes

Stuff I didn’t get from the article:
Age of the pastor?
Specific sleep aid indicated?
Yes, Ambien can induce a lot of Strange Behaviors. But also, dopamine agonist meds, sometimes prescribed for conditions like restless leg syndrome or periodic leg movements of sleep, can induce some very specific and disruptive behaviors ranging from gambling addiction to disinhibition and impulsivity, like the reward-seeking dopamine receptors of the id suddenly overwhelm the acetylcholine-driven receptors of the prefrontal cortex, or the superego’s home office.

That, or the pastor is a jerk and a sicko.

1 Like

Is “armrest hog” on that list? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes