Even by Chris Christie standards, his lie about Trump's birtherism is a whopper

I think that bridge-gate will sink his independent ambition.

12 Likes

I wonder if Christie has just done the math on Bridgegate and determined that his feet will be held to the fire at some point. Maybe he’s supporting Trump in exchange for a pardon, if it comes to that.

12 Likes

Even by Chris Christie standards
whopper
I see what you did there.

7 Likes

Well is there anything he knows how to do?

4 Likes

Don’t blame Trump.

Trump buried so-called “Birtherism” after Obama released “his” “birth” certificate, but Crooked Hillary kept bringing it up over and over again for both of the Kenyan Usurper Obama Hussein Obama’s two terms in the “White” House. She also kept smearing him with accusations of Muslimism and homosexuality, too, which are apparently insults of the highest order. And it was her that mercilessly attacked “his” “wife” for, among other things, telling us our obese children were fat, too.

I mean, really, all the vile garbage that has happened over the last eight years is really Crooked Hillary’s fault, if you think about it.*

• Trump 2016!
8 Likes

I live in New Jersey so I feel I can call Christie a walking talking human sized turd. The governor of Montana does more for this state by 9am eastern than Christie does in an entire month.

21 Likes

He wants to be Attorney General, I thought?

2 Likes

Secretary of Transportation? He can shut down the interstates in blue states…

10 Likes

You need to apologize right now! To turds, I mean.

13 Likes

I guess I understand Christie’s logic-- after Obama released his long form birth certificate Trump slowly let the issue die and wasn’t in the spotlight all the time talking about it. Or at least the media stopped paying attention to the birthers after that, so if Trump was still trumpeting about it he wasn’t getting any press.

But at the same time, Trump never came out and said “I was wrong” (like he never does, about anything), even last week when he said Obama was born in the US, it was quick and minimal, and no mea culpa.

He probably just wanted us to forget he promised $5 million to charity if Obama’s birth certificate turned out to be real.

I’m not holding my breath on that one.

12 Likes

Christie has pushed all his chips to the center table and yelled “All in!”. And it’s a helluva bet:

Outcome #1: Trump wins the election, appoints Christie to cabinet.
Outcome #2: Trump wins the election, snubs Christie
Outcome #3: Clinton wins the election

Under #2 or #3, Christie becomes pretty much a political untouchable.

10 Likes

Maybe he already has one…

9 Likes

Sickest burn I’ve read on BB in months.

17 Likes

Aw, shucks! Side note - if Elmo is not in my nightmares tonight I’ll be figuratively shocked.

10 Likes

I thought that was a pretty nice burn.

And then I figured out the time difference, and it went up a whole 'nother level.

Well done.

12 Likes

My condolences. :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah yeah yeah. All the tolls on any of the bridges have you paying to leave, but it’s free to come in. Bit of a joke in these parts.

9 Likes

Except after Obama released the birth certificate, Trump often implied it was fake in that douchey “people have been saying” way he does things, like in 2013:

“I have no idea,” Trump said. “I don’t know, was there a birth certificate? You tell me. You know, some people say that was not his birth certificate. I’m saying I don’t know. Nobody knows. And you don’t know either.”

10 Likes

Good point. Like I said, I think there was a general public impression that the issue slowly disappeared after the long form birth certificate was released, but as you say, when asked Trump was still playing the “no proof” card for quite a while.

In looking up specifics on Trump’s promise to pay $5 million to charity if Obama could prove his citizenship I see that Trump also demanded Obama’s college transcripts and passport applications, and then he put a deadline on it of Oct. 31, 2012-- basically he moved the goal-posts, and then picked a date after which he could renege on the promise. He was never planning on paying. If Obama had provided his college transcripts then I’m sure cries of “fake” would have followed.

6 Likes

“I am not in a giving vein!”

3 Likes