Even by Chris Christie standards, his lie about Trump's birtherism is a whopper

My condolences. :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah yeah yeah. All the tolls on any of the bridges have you paying to leave, but it’s free to come in. Bit of a joke in these parts.

9 Likes

Except after Obama released the birth certificate, Trump often implied it was fake in that douchey “people have been saying” way he does things, like in 2013:

“I have no idea,” Trump said. “I don’t know, was there a birth certificate? You tell me. You know, some people say that was not his birth certificate. I’m saying I don’t know. Nobody knows. And you don’t know either.”

10 Likes

Good point. Like I said, I think there was a general public impression that the issue slowly disappeared after the long form birth certificate was released, but as you say, when asked Trump was still playing the “no proof” card for quite a while.

In looking up specifics on Trump’s promise to pay $5 million to charity if Obama could prove his citizenship I see that Trump also demanded Obama’s college transcripts and passport applications, and then he put a deadline on it of Oct. 31, 2012-- basically he moved the goal-posts, and then picked a date after which he could renege on the promise. He was never planning on paying. If Obama had provided his college transcripts then I’m sure cries of “fake” would have followed.

6 Likes

“I am not in a giving vein!”

3 Likes

I don’t think Trump’s campaign is that kind of an operation.

4 Likes

This is where the media needs to actually take a stand and say, “Sir, you’re either incorrect or a liar, and you need to choose one.”

“Feels” are not on either side of the scales of truth.

5 Likes

Psychophant might be better.

5 Likes

Hey, he meant it. He was just going to get someone else to donate the money and he’d present it in his own name.

3 Likes

That’s pretty much the history of Trump’s business career. He takes other people’s money and mostly makes it disappear, except for the bit that he keeps for himself.

3 Likes

Lying liar lies.

“List of words that end in -phant that accurately describe Chris Christie”

I can think of at least one more.

Oooh that sounds like a supervillain name.

“Beware the Psychophant! He will try to appease you with his passive aggressive powers.”

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.