🍊🍊🍊🤡🤡 Even More Trumpian Events 🤡🤡🍊🍊🍊 (Part 1)

Pretty much anything with Jon Voight is like that for me. (Doubly so if it’s anything done after his heel turn to the far right in the late 2000s.)

4 Likes
8 Likes

shorten it to Ace Frehley Addresses Theory About The Famous KISS Logo | HuffPost Entertainment and it still works

3 Likes
4 Likes

Negotiate with whom? :thinking:

12 Likes

Three-fourths of the state legislatures.

He was getting close just before the Blue Wave of 2018. At that point the Republicans had control of 32 state legislatures, and of one house of 4 more. (Plus having effective control of Nebraska, where state legislators do not declare a formal party affiliation.) If the Trumpeters ever manage to get 38, they can simply repeal anything they don’t like in the constitution.

He’s not quite as close now. Current makeup is 29 R, 19 D, 1 divided, Nebraska non-partisan but Republican in effect.

Down-ballot races matter.

13 Likes

Discussed at much length here but this piece covers a lot:

10 Likes

https://twitter.com/YahooNews/status/1305491549472555013

Careful for what you wish for bub.

8 Likes

A precursor to his Oct surprise.

6 Likes

We go to DC several million strong and boot his ass out?

12 Likes

https://twitter.com/billboard/status/1305551918148866049?s=19

4 Likes

“I don’t like being alone in Washington,” he said, describing “shadows on the ceiling in my apartment, there alone, shadows are so long.” He then ran through a series of conspiracy theories, culminating in a prediction that Mr. Trump will win re-election but his Democratic opponent, Joseph R. Biden Jr., will refuse to concede.

“And when Donald Trump refuses to stand down at the inauguration, the shooting will begin,” he said. “The drills that you’ve seen are nothing.” He added: “If you carry guns, buy ammunition, ladies and gentlemen, because it’s going to be hard to get.”

10 Likes

better organize more actual right-wing hit squads to fight the imaginary left-wing hit squads

12 Likes

IDK I bet it will be easier to buy ammo than toilet paper, paper towels or 409 right now.

Much easier.

11 Likes

“[Trump] should declare a nationwide insurrection to be in effect and call all of the National Guard units into federal service, under his command, and use them to suppress the insurrection in the streets,” Rhodes told me. And when I asked Rhodes whether such orders should be limited to Portland— my hometown, where my family and friends and loved ones aplenty still live—or whether Trump should consider directing such forces elsewhere, Rhodes was clear: “Nationwide.”

Sounds a bit like Roger Stone’s message to Alex Jones’ listeners. It’s like the 80’s action hero movies blended with far-right angst to make some sort of shared reality.

These violent delights have violent ends. I don’t think the situation would proceed in the same way as their fantasies.

4 Likes

They “haven’t gotten out of their sweatpants except for meetings at coffee shops” to plot “how they’re going to attack Donald Trump next”

ah, yes. my own coffee shop, ostensibly closed for the “pandemic”, has been transformed into a shooting range where we all sip covfefe harvested from small children while ordering rakes off of amazon so that california will have no way to clean their forests.

everything is proceeding as planned.

17 Likes

We’ve come a long way from being “snowflakes”, huh?

In a matter of months we leftists have shifted from being laughable, peacenik tofu-eaters, into an armed, organized, clandestine fighting force powerful enough to overthrow the nation and overturn capitalist society.

16 Likes

Projection, pure and simple. Always remember, if they accuse us of something insane, it only means they are already planning to do that very thing. For years I have been a “prepare for the worst” kind of guy, but I am not sure anyone can be totally prepped for this shitshow. We need to do our level best, though. Always.

16 Likes

From the article:

Mr. Caputo on Sunday complained on Facebook that he was under siege by the media and said that his physical health was in question and his “mental health has definitely failed.”

Considering this admission, why should anyone believe him about these various conspiracies?

9 Likes

And “Sleepy Joe Biden” has become some kind of unstoppable drug-enhanced Mister Hyde.

8 Likes