🍊🍊🍊🤡🤡 Even More Trumpian Events 🤡🤡🍊🍊🍊 (Part 1)

Wait, where on the marble are you? It’s Thursday in these parts.

All that racism will be directed squarely at Kamala Harris.

Like this total bs “humor” :

WTF? Enjoy your time at home, Karen.
2 Likes

The big irony is My Cousin Vinny is pretty widely praised for its surprising amount of accuracy in its portrayal of courtroom proceedings and lawyering.

The complete opposite of whatever the fuck it is Giuliani is doing.

ETA:

15 Likes
16 Likes

Via Bloomberg

Having endured repeated losses before the courts, Trump has now invited Republican legislators from Michigan to the White House while his lawyers publicly call for them and other state officials to nullify the popular vote. Using the words “coup attempt,” Bloomberg Opinion writers warn the strategy will end in failure but permanently damage the republic. And if Trump’s long-shot somehow succeeds? University of Kentucky law professor Joshua Douglas said “it would be the end of democracy as we know it.”

A chance to get REM to write a new song?

15 Likes

This guy’s obviously never been to Philly.

8 Likes

Well, at least he got the Eagles’ sport right this time. They’ll only beat him senseless and take his wallet in South Philly now.

5 Likes

What petrifies me is the thought that Giuliani is apparently an example of the quality of legal representation you get in the US for $20,000 a day. If that were a true representation of merit, then what the hell would the poor schmucks doing public defender work be like?

I mean, I know that inadequate representation is a massive problem and the cause of/failure to prevent so many injustices but on any comparative scale public defenders would have to be so bad, that defendants would be better off unrepresented and instead just shouting whatever random bits of courtroom drama dialogue they can think of before burning down the courtroom and attempting to flee in the judge’s BMW.

Truly if anything is needed to puncture the myth that financial reward is commensurate to one’s skill and effort then, Rudi Giuliani is it.

Although:

Giuliani, when contacted by the Times, denied the allegation.

“I never asked for $20,000,” he said. “The arrangement is, we’ll work it out at the end.”

Giuliani said Trump volunteered to ensure he was paid after the cases reached their conclusion.

from here:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/giuliani-denies-asking-for-2420000-a-day-to-do-legal-work-for-trump/ar-BB1b6qfk

If anything tells us that Giuliani is acting as a politician in bringing these cases and not in fact as a lawyer, there you have it.

We’ll work at out in the end? When is this, the 1940s?

And trusting Trump for payment? We’re supposed to believe that?

That’s just saying I don’t care if I don’t get paid for this. I’m doing it because it suits me and I know I can make millions afterwards taking money from MAGA-hat wearers by giving speeches and hosting talk shows about how the election was stolen, blah, blah.

13 Likes

“ In recent weeks, FBI agents in New York contacted witnesses and asked new questions about Giuliani’s efforts in Ukraine and possible connections to Russian intelligence, according to a person briefed on the matter. The FBI investigators, who have spoken to at least one witness previously months ago, came back to ask new questions recently about possible origins of emails and documents related to Hunter Biden that appear similar to those that the New York Post reported that Giuliani and others helped provide. CNN has previously reported that the ongoing probe is examining whether Giuliani is wittingly or unwittingly part of a Russian influence operation, according to people briefed on the matter.”

12 Likes

It’s almost impossible to conceive that Giuliani won the race for mayor of New York City in 1997 by 57%. There was a time when he wasn’t a completely incompetent buffoon.

1 Like

don’t forget that slightly less than 20 years ago there was this–

9 Likes

More proof that if you stay in the spotlight long enough, your star fades and your makeup starts to run.

Screen-Shot-2020-11-19-at-3.35.17-PM-680x475

14 Likes

It’s almost as if someone has intel on him and is making him have these crazy press conferences. If I were a conspiracy theorist, I would say that Rudy is purposely acting over the top to send us a signal that he’s acting deranged and we shouldn’t listen to him. :thinking:

The most likely explanation is that he’s being paid a bunch of money to do this, which explains where all the Trump re-election $$ went.

10 Likes
17 Likes

I was watching some 9/11 docs a few months back when they were all over the place (for obvious reasons) and was amazed at how coherent, and dare I say, likable Giuliani was back then. People in NY were even lobbying to overturn the mayoral term limits so he could serve a third term.

(This is also a lot of selective memory - as mayor he enacted many terrible policies that would help turn the city into the mostly soulless hyper-gentrified playground for the ultra-wealthy that it is today.)

He could have just rode off into the sunset living the rest of his life as a singularly heroic figure that helped lift up the country after 9/11, but instead he chose to do … whatever the fuck it is he’s been doing the last 5 or so years.

13 Likes

Michigan militia plot: ‘Plan A’ involved takeover of Capitol, followed by televised executions

16 Likes

I wonder if Giuliani ever had a crisis of self awareness like that Breaking Bad episode when a sleep-deprived, mentally-addled Walter White reflects on the exact moment he should have died; the day he had accomplished everything he needed to but hadn’t yet irrevocably corrupted his soul or destroyed his legacy.

For Rudolph Giuliani that moment should have been early 2002.

18 Likes

I mean, we’ve turned the corner! It’s all going away! Pay no attention to that virus behind the curtain!! This is no longer needed! (Besides, it will totally destroy the economy and we can blame that on Biden.) /s, for me, but I am pretty certain this is how his “brain” works.

19 Likes

Butthead tested positive for coronavirus.

15 Likes

Can you be more specific? Lots of Buttheads in Trumpland with coronavirus today.

If it’s Eric then I can’t find any reference online yet.

ETA: Oh, never mind. I see it’s Don Jr. I always forget which one is Beavis.

12 Likes