🍊🍊🍊🤡🤡 Even More Trumpian Events 🤡🤡🍊🍊🍊 (Part 1)

8 Likes

I’m not aware that she questioned anything regarding her status as FLOTUS in public.
Or used the platform she could have (if she wanted to) to promote, well, anything in earnest.

6 Likes

Wasn’t this a questioning of that?

8 Likes
9 Likes

How is that a public statement by the first lady?

3 Likes

To be fair, that wasn’t meant to be public.

5 Likes

Oh, sorry, missed the “in public” part.

5 Likes

I really don’t care, do u? Be best!

3 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking that jacket might’ve been a “public” statement on her status as FLOTUS, but I suppose its meaning was too oblique to qualify.

3 Likes

Considering where she chose to wear that particular jacket, I found it not too very oblique at all. And tasteless as all hell.

12 Likes

That checks out; that family would not know taste or class if it shot them with a gun on 5th Ave.

15 Likes
12 Likes

Fox issued a rare retraction in 2017 of a story it had published about Rich’s murder, noting that it was “not initially subjected to [a] high degree of editorial scrutiny.” After Rich was killed, outlets including Breitbart and the Drudge Report suggested his murder could have been retribution for the leak of DNC emails during the 2016 presidential campaign.

The retraction was believed to be one of the first made of a Fox News story.

It’s almost like editors are extremely important to the health of journalism.

20 Likes

someone remind Greenwald of this fact.

15 Likes
16 Likes

She has no requirements to do, well, anything as FLOTUS. She could have just kept out of the public eye for the past 4 years and done nothing at all. If she wanted to be an activist, nothing was stopping her. Eleanor Roosevelt and Hillary Clinton used their position as First Lady to do incredible things. I always got the impression she really didn’t want anything to do with the White House and had no real idea what to do with her position of privilege (her whole “Be Best” initiative was laughably ironic at best). She seemed to have fancied herself as more of a Jackie Kennedy type, but she lacked any of the required intelligence or taste level to pull it off.

18 Likes

She didn’t even move into the WH till about half a year after Donnie took office.

No spouse has any responsibility to take on an unpaid, unelected job. And certainly not to put their own career on hold.

Let the WH social Secretary entertain- or another relative fill some of the roll if they want- or a volunteer.

The whole 4 to 8 years of free work from women was offensive anyway.

17 Likes

I just assumed the FLOTUS received a salary since she’s tasked with running a government office with a budget. TIL she doesn’t. That’s some free labor bullshit.

And we know damn well that when it’s FGOTUS, he won’t be expected to backburner his career for 4 to 8 years.

16 Likes

I didn’t know that either, and it’s some straight up archaic, sexist bullshit.

That’s yet another aspect of the POTUS’ official structure that needs to be rectified.

18 Likes

I’m hoping that Dr. Jill Biden will be too busy with her medical practice to fuck around with tinsel and garden renovations.

8 Likes