🍊🍊🍊🤡🤡 Even More Trumpian Events 🤡🤡🍊🍊🍊 (Part 1)

the part they should have mentioned is that the registered republican pool is also getting smaller and smaller

[ edit: the article says “not because of trump” because it’s been a long time coming. more properly, it’s part of the reason for trump. ]

11 Likes

I’m actually ok with this. Yes, he is taking credit for something he had nothing to do with (again) but it is not actively harming patients. Yes, this is where we are. The fact that the president of the United States is not actively seeking to harm patients is good news. :man_facepalming:

13 Likes

she also mentioned how bunkerboy talked only about himself at their father’s funeral. and constantly used the fact she asked for him to use his connections to get her first federal judgeship against her.

about her aunt, mary says:

"if she never contacted me, and I think that’s fair. I understand why she would not want to.”

:crying_cat_face:

it’s worth saying though, according to the article, mary didn’t start the recordings because of patriotism. she did it because she thought she’d been swindled on the estate. ( in tax forms claimed to be millions, while probably actually a billion or so she says. ) and that the elder mary retired as a judge after an investigation was started into her part in that evaluation.

one possibility, i think, is that mary wrote her book to get the money she felt she deserved out of the family who withheld it from her.

a very trumpian event if so.

14 Likes

While I still won’t bring myself to hate-watch this, I really hope it is a complete shit show. Signs are pointing to yes, and I have no doubt that Trump will be micromanaging every little bit of it further contributing to the chaos as usual.

I really love how the Republicans keep yammering about how dark and dour the DNC was. It’s as if they were watching a completely different thing than I was. If you want to talk dark and dour, I predict much of the RNC will be dedicated to Trump’s seemingly aspirational “American Carnage” come to life — with footage of protesters, violence, death, and looting and something about this being “Joe Biden’s America” - never minding that this all happened under his watch.

16 Likes

Me either; but neither of us would have to, regardless - a real-time ‘highlight reel’ of the worst moments being publicized on multiple platforms is pretty much inevitable.

14 Likes

That I will watch.
Once.

9 Likes
11 Likes

It’s like a train wreck happening while you’re standing several miles down on the other end of the track; you can’t help but watch it in horror, even as it barrels towards you.

Just a quick perusal of the vague ‘plans’ to hold the convention across two different cities (with masks and social distancing!) screams that it’s a huge fuck up just waiting to happen.

13 Likes

This is an overly broad generalisation, as I assume you know. The US basically made possible multilateralism on a global scale in the early 20th century, and the UN are a direct product of that.

1 Like

Allow me a certain degree of polemicism in an angry rant about Trump.

5 Likes
23 Likes

More from the same poll :
75% of Republicans think that America is better off now than it was 4 years ago.
67% say the US economy is in good shape.
73% say the US is dealing well with the Coronavirus.
64% say the number of US deaths from Coronavirus are fewer than reported.
57% say Coronavirus death toll is ‘acceptable’

10 Likes

Wow; allegedly a whole lot of the people they selectively polled believe a bunch of delusional bullshit.

17 Likes
11 Likes

What makes you question the veracity of the poll?

Oh, I dunno… maybe the same thing that makes me skeptical of most polls which are conducted over landlines and consist of a cherry-picked sample group.

Consider the source.

3 Likes

FiveThirtyEight gives YouGov a B rating.

Good for them.

2 Likes

It’s been pretty obvious to most observers for a while now that the Republican Party no longer has any semblance of a platform beyond “ALL POWER TO OUR ORANGE GOD-KING” but darned if they didn’t actually make it official.

The 2020 Republican National Committee has officially adopted a resolution stating that the convention will have no party platform other than “Trump Good, Obama Bad.” The key parts:

WHEREAS, The RNC enthusiastically supports President Trump and continues to reject the
policy positions of the Obama-Biden Administration, as well as those espoused by the
Democratic National Committee today; therefore, be it

RESOVLVED, That the 2020 Republican National Convention will adjourn without adopting a
new platform until the 2024 Republican National Convention

And yes, they actually did misspell the word “RESOLVED.”

15 Likes
14 Likes