Even Republicans hate Tucker Carlson's latest conspiracy theory

Originally published at: Even Republicans hate Tucker Carlson's latest conspiracy theory | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Jan 6th was not an attempt at genocide, but it was done by people who would have participated in it if they had succeeded on that day. Can you tell me that you don’t recognise some of these denial tactics from the Republicans?

25 Likes

These are the same people who believe (wrongly) that only 3 percent of the American colonists were “true patriots” who participated in the “unpopular” revolutionary war. How much violence is peaceful? None. A peaceful protest is entirely nonviolent.

Saying January 6th was “mostly peaceful” is like saying it was “mostly legal” or “mostly successful”. The truth is that it was entirely illegal, entirely unsuccessful (luckily enough), and entirely violent.

25 Likes

“It was a mistake, in my view, for Fox News to depict this in a way that’s completely at variance with what our chief law enforcement official here in the Capitol thinks,” McConnell told reporters.

A “mistake”, was it? This is the closest Yertle can get to criticising this deliberate choice by Rupert and Laclan Murdoch, who as reminder subsidise Swanson’s Hour o’ Will to Power. McConnell is, in his own way, as craven and beholden to Faux as McCarthy is.

23 Likes

I can’t wait until we have a headline that’s 3 words shorter.

17 Likes

From Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) to rank-and-file lawmakers, Republican senators largely rejected Fox personality Tucker Carlson’s vision of the deadly insurrection as a mostly peaceful protest that involved little violence.

Followed by this:

Nonetheless, McConnell avoided direct criticism of his party’s own House Leader, Kevin McCarthy, who provided Carlson exclusively with the 41,000 hours of footage.

15 Likes

It’s a shame that Tucker wasn’t on the Hill in someone’s office that day.

Has Trump responded to Tuck’s hate fest yet? Might be amusing.

16 Likes

11 Likes

SOMEBODY FREE CARLSON’S NOSE FROM TRUMP’S BUTT CHEEKS!!!

17 Likes

wow, that header photo – i hate it so much. seeing that much concentrated evil in one photo is too much for this hour of the morning.

11 Likes

YARN | Don't lose any of that stuff. That's concentrated evil. | Time Bandits (1981) | Video clips by quotes | b6ae8e84 | 紗

12 Likes

I’m sure this has nothing to do with the Dominion lawsuit and the exposure of their inner workings as a self-perpetuating propaganda machine. I mean, why would Fox “News” want to bite back once they are threatened with accountability for their terrible behavior?

6 Likes

Good on you for posting screenshots instead of live Twitter links! :clap:

15 Likes

I try to post just twitter screenshots unless there’s a good video embedded, but…

Those are Truth Social screenshots, I’m tempted to get a throw away email and join just to see what I can get away with or to see replies but I can’t bring myself to even make a fake account just for playing.

Someday if I get bored enough but with the weather changing if I get bored I head outside so probablly will never happen.

8 Likes

Ah right, I forgot that he rejected the Musk Oxen’s Twatter invite.

6 Likes

In this case “peaceful” is kind of like “pregnant”. Is it possible to be “mostly pregnant”? Not really.

8 Likes

It’s pretty tiresome seeing McConnell pretend like he didn’t create all of the momentum, the people, and the message that led to Former Guy and ultimately Jan 6. Whatever helps you sleep at night, Mitch.

18 Likes

17 Likes

They were tourists, just innocents tourists.

3 Likes

Nonviolent protest does not preclude defending oneself when attacked. For example, the march on the Pettus Bridge in Alabama was nonviolent, but when police and KKK attacked protesters, some fought back. And that’s OK. It doesn’t make the protest not “peaceful.”

14 Likes