Every U.S. president dragged

you’re making my point. I do not consider the body count under a POTUS as the primary indicator of “good vs bad president”. Like I said…they all have flaws and issues. Someone above rips Carter who is the only President under which the US never fired a single shot, missile, or military action under…but they feel Carter was bad for XYZ reason.

None are ever `perfect and will always have flaw A in this person’s eyes and flaw B in that person’s.

So I am not understanding the point of the twitter account and process.

It’s slang. That does still exist outside of the interwebs…

5 Likes

Now that I have seen it I’m reading it as “dragged through the dirt/mud”. I expect it’s because of the 280 character limit on twitter.

The kids are free to play on my lawn, but they might want to mow it first. I don’t know what’s hiding in there.

3 Likes

My point is that a brilliant president may be a lot more damaging because he can do a lot of harmful things, while an idiot like Trump so far hasn’t actually been able to do much. I mostly agree about Carter, East Timor was more of looking the other way than actively commit atrocities. He did however order a tiny invasion of Iran to free the embassy hostages, leading to one innocent Iranian being murdered, so “a single shot” isn’t quite true. Still the most decent president in recent times.

1 Like

@SamSam provided the clue, further above. Apparently if one roasts, one can be said to be dragging, according to the link provided.
(Sunday lunch is gonna be fun this week.)

1 Like

Obligatory, along with a chuckle at those who weren’t hip:

5 Likes

Honestly surprised she couldn’t come up with anything for JQA or Garfield.

Obama: inherited two wars on foreign soil and kept them up over the full duration of two terms.

2 Likes

That he did; it was very disappointing to see.

1 Like

He a peanut farmer but also confessed – in a Playboy interview in 1975 – that he had “committed adultery in his heart” and “lusted after women.” Which seems silly today, but was not a small public admission back in the day.

3 Likes

So far.

More at @Bernel than you; just continuing your “so far” thought.

For the body count, are we going to track how many Americans die from a lack of affordable healthcare options, thanks to his efforts to undo everything Obama managed to do? Or Americans who perish in natural disasters because of the mismanagement of FEMA? Ah, right, and the brown people who have been shunted back to their – potentially life threatening – countries of origins. If they die, are they going to be counted?

Or should we just call it “uncountable”?

5 Likes

I’m just glad I wasn’t the only one who clicked to see drag-president acts. I don’t know why but I was actually pretty excited to watch, oh well. Maybe someday!

Meh… as disgusting as he is Trump hasn’t actually committed genocide… yet. Though he’d probably have gotten along with Andrew Jackson, which maybe is alarming because Andrew Jackson isn’t happening right now and Trump unfortunately is.

3 Likes

I have found myself a few times in the past week thinking, “the last time we had a president this bad, we put him on the $20 bill.”

As far as i’m concerned he has

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/29/politics/trump-puerto-rico-fantastic/index.html

And i’m not going to wait for this stain to step up his game

1 Like

I’m going to have to presume it is an Americanism, like that meaning of “roasting” that means “taking the piss out of”. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.