Explain It Like We're Vanilla

Yeah, but probably only because I answered yes to a lot of the questions that were duplicates… Not into pee, poo, animals and so on, but OTOH the only reason I answered no to a bunch of others was lack of opportunity :unamused:

3 Likes

I just wish there were more of them. But yes, I’m not even myself a gamer, and I found the series brilliant.

I thought it was hilarious.

Hence much of my criticism that it’s far too linear a test. It’s like IQ tests, not entirely without merit, but severely lacking in multi-dimensionality. Kinks are complicated.

5 Likes

I disagree that this picture, in itself, is enough to characterize its subject as a manic pixie dream girl. It’s literally just a picture of a woman (admittedly, one with a pixie cut) reading a book in an effeminate (I can’t think of a better adjective; neither “sexualized” nor “provocative” really applies) pose. From what I understand of the trope, it’s when a girl is defined by her ability to save a man from himself; if this is Ms. Day in the picture, then her character in Dr. Horrible would probably be a dream girl, but I doubt her character in The Guild would be.

Admittedly, I find the woman in this picture attractive, but I don’t think it’s because I want some manic girl to save me from ennui, it’s because a) she possesses several of the attributes that I find physically attractive in a woman, and b) I find intelligent women (especially geeky, intelligent women) very attractive.

Some more books that I’ve spotted in that image: Harry Potter, The Arabian Nights, The Wheel of Time, The Great Book of Amber, His Dark Materials, at least one Guy Gavriel Kay book, and those books stacked in the top-left corner look damned familiar… If I was dating someone and came upon this bookshelf in her place, it’s be time to start seriously considering a marriage proposal.

4 Likes

I have several, and while the craft and creativity of their toys is top-notch, they tend to be a little… ambitious with the size of their toys. Still, highly recommended.

The ovipositor you mentioned is made by Primal Hardwere. It’s fascinating, though not my thing, personally. Super cool idea though!

1 Like

Fair enough. I’ll admit the picture alone isn’t enough to superimpose the trope.

I would, however, very much like her to save me from ennui.

3 Likes

So I’ve been trying to figure out where to jump into this thread and this seems like a good place to … well, at least comment. I have a number of things listed on my FetLife account(*) that many not fully qualify as fetishes, but are certainly things I like a lot. Yes, librarians is listed as one of my fetishes, a fact that did not slip my mind when I saw @Jilly and @jerwin initially exchanging comments about them. However, I note that I’m already partnered to two librarians, so I’m not really seeking another. It’s more of an appreciation for each of them!

(* - I’m not going to post a link to my FetLife account, but my user name isn’t exactly difficult to figure out! If anyone from here adds me as a friend, please do send a message letting me know.)

8 Likes

It’s lovely to be appreciated, truly.

1 Like

Many years ago, a friends-hanging-with-friends-of-friends situation ended up with a group of guys going to a strip club, and I somehow got roped into going. Things started out with some girl in pasties doing a goofy dance, but then they wheeled out a surprisingly impressive librarian set with bookshelves and a chalkboard. A girl in glasses and librarian getup did a whole sexy-filing-books dance (!) and then, out of nowhere, ripped it all off to reveal a full 1970s-style Wonder Woman costume underneath, which was itself ripped off bit by bit. I couldn’t help thinking “well, if THIS isn’t doing it for me, then yeah, I’m pretty sure I’m gay.”

7 Likes

For those insatiably curious, here’s a Vice interview with LoneWolf, founder, mad scientist, and happy mutant of Primal Hardwere. Quasi-NSFW unless your supervisor is a xenomorphophiliac (yes I just made that word up).

ETA: Anyone know if egg-impregnating/laying has made the HUMP! film festival yet?

2 Likes

Is it weird to have a whole bunch of glass dildos because you find them so pretty?

5 Likes

No.

Just.

#NO.

4 Likes

Or you need to turn in your comic book geek card. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I got taken to the big 3 in East St. Louis/Sauget for my bachelor party. The funnest one was the sleaziest. By the time they got me a bachelor table dance I had been awake for 20+ hours and was getting really sleepy so even boobies in the face was not going to get me excited. But the first one which was the more dive bar one had the best music and one of the girls was a fling of my friend who was there with me from a few months earlier so after her dance she came out and had a long chat with us while she was still totes naked. I had just as much fun generally people watching that night as I did watching the girls.

I like nekkied girlies and such and appreciate a good striptease show but it has never been one of those things that gets my boy bits excited.

3 Likes

OK, so you made me curious enough to try it: 35.4%.

I’ll also note that this specific test is really very hetero- and cis- normative. (Which one’s the opposite gender again?) There’s also a lot of other assumptions built into it.

Er … I guess if I’m bringing up these sorts of issues, that says a lot about my “purity,” at least as measured by the creators / compilers of the test, huh?

8 Likes

In one of my bouts of insomnia, I ended up watching an episode of some Spike TV series where this burly guy knocks on doors to collect overdue rent (or something like that).

Knocks on the door, seconds later an adorable lady in her 60s opens the door and greets him with a smile. Burly guy keeps it professional, tells her why he’s here. Still smiling, she invites him inside. Camera follows them into dining room where the table, buffet, and bar counter are covered in unique, handmade glass dildoes.

Burly guy is speechless.

Without missing a beat, adorable dildo lady starts talking about her craft-gone-small-business as if it were crocheting. She invites him into the kitchen, whose counters are also scattered with glass dildoes. At the end of their visit, she offers him one for free.

Burly guy declines. Burly guy is blushing. Adorable dildo lady offers him a rain check.

7 Likes

Oh good, I’m not the only one that thought of that!

1 Like

I dated a manic hippie girl briefly. Dreamy up until the mania thing hit. That part is not dreamy.

3 Likes

One of my biggest challenges/gripes about the fetish “scene” is that it encompasses gender notions which range between the most regressive and most progressive gender consciousness possible. And seeing as that sex clubs and events are (unfortunately) something of a fringe population, many of those with regressive notions don’t realize how very conservative they are.

Here’s a real incident which I was involved in about two weeks ago. A nearby “adult movie theatre” which hosts lots of sex events was publicizing an event. I read about their pricing and terms and made one comment which effectively derailed the whole topic (Qui, moi? (bats lashes)) and got me a lot of flak. I noticed that they had a price structure which was drastically different for men and women, and also that their “couples only” area was listed as being for male/female couples only. So I replied that they might think their party was an inclusive “come all” event, but that I thought it was sexist and backwards and would not be attending.

Those who represented the venue did make an effort to be polite in not addressing my concerns, but most of the other participants said that they were insulted that I was critical of their policies, and that me saying anything was ruining their fun. A few tried to take care to explain the policies to me, but these only raised more unwelcome questions.

Why only hetero couples? And why not larger polyamorous units? Well, it turns out that they do unofficially allow female couples but never male couples. Why not male couples? Because they would lie about being a couple simply so they could sneak into the couples area. So how is this any different from female couples? It isn’t, but they don’t care. They stated that because they consider it a mainly hetero event, that too many males would scare the females away. So, how about intersex, trans, queer, agendered people? They deliberately leave this vague, but it seems to be decided by how female one appears to be. So a male who can pass for female would be allowed in, but others might not. How about a trans woman who’s presentation is stereotypically masculine? Or a trans man who identifies as male but has a vagina? These scenarios seemed to make them a bit nervous. They suggested that I come anyway and just enjoy the party, but refused to consider how I might not want to go miles out of my way only for them to segregate me based upon their own nebulous subjective criteria.

I was polite about it. My initial reaction was basically “Wow, really? That’s so backwards!” And they were mostly concerned that those whose gender they didn’t understand were trying to get away with something. A few remarked that I should look for a more homo-oriented event instead. To which I asked how I can be either hetero or homo sexual when I don’t identify as a specific gender? They seemed to resent that all of my questions implied situations where they might feel compelled to act or think differently.

Gor-level sexuality might be fine for those who subscribe to it, but it’s lame when it’s the norm they use to evaluate others.

3 Likes

Well, in this case, my 70s Wonder Woman TV-show fan card. As a kid, I used to dress up like Wonder Woman, because she was a badass in her satin tights, fighting for your rights! (sorry, dad.)

4 Likes

Oddly enough, that routine sounds far more like something I’d expect at a burlesque show than a strip club. Although at this point, I’ll have to admit that I’ve never actually been to a strip club, although I do enjoy burlesque.

3 Likes

I’ve been to some truly awesome burlesque shows; in the past, a friend and co-worker worked for his wife’s burlesque group in the evenings and I’d help out with costuming and props. But this place was a crappy dive strip club next to Watkins Glen racetrack. They had a surprising prop & costuming budget!

2 Likes