Explain It Like We're Vanilla

I kinda like my boundaries, actually.

Your emoji reminds me of something that isn’t outside of them, it’s simply just too damn weird for me to get off on it.

5 Likes

Damned right.

Maybe should was the wrong word. Ought to be? Need to? Something that implies a greater artificial limit, rather than a personal choice, anyway. Like the way a society fetishes and idealises a particular body-type, rather than something that’s a matter of personal disposition. Can’t find the right way of describing it.

That’s a new one to me. I learned a thing then! Hooray? I think?

3 Likes

*lolz

(I kinda wish I didn’t know either, but the internet is ‘a double edged sword.’)

3 Likes

This actually gets to the heart of my personal gripe with kink and BDSM play. People within them seem obessed with “edge” play, pushing the boundaries of the acceptable. Bor-ring. Anyone can one-up the competition. A lot of that devolves to getting kicks by discomfiting other people. Fuck. Than. Shit. (or not, but you get my drift). What I want to see is real and deep contemplative exploration of the art of sexuality. Consider de Sade. Yes, his manuscript (written while imprisoned in the Bastille no less) was about pushing boundaries. But not just the limits of pain and pleasure. He wanted to add a cognitive dimension to sexuality. In this day and age with centuries more of art, science and philosophy to draw upon, we could surely take that same orthogonal ethic and do better.

Hah! Okay, I’m not gonna lie; I kinda find the notion of ET sex sort of intriguing. But mostly I picked that emoji because we didn’t have a really good one available. A better choice would be…well…my avatar icon.

3 Likes

Perhaps part of your like for your boundaries derives from the process of you discovering/deciding what they are. It can be the work of a lifetime for some people!

I wonder if what people might be getting at here is respecting ones real limits, while not being confined by false limits of complacency or others expectations. I don’t think of my sexuality generally in terms of limits, it’s fun exploration for its own sake, like art or cooking.

2 Likes

Very educational wander round the maker’s website though. Reminds me of the Bad Dragon stuff.

2 Likes

I cannot say the same, just based upon the most common perception of extraterrestrials seen in science fiction; but then again interspecies anything is well outside of my aforementioned general parameters.

Plus, I’ve just seen way too much hentai.

Exactly.

¿Que?

:question: :grey_question: :question:

4 Likes

http://bad-dragon.com/ (NSFW obv). Sex toys designed around fantasy critters. They’ve been reviewed by OJST (Also NSFW) a few times, if you’ve come across heard of them.

4 Likes

Hmmm…ETs in TV and silver screen SF doesn’t quite seen alien to me. Perhaps the erotica Stanislaw Lem would’ve written if he’d written it would be more along the lines I envision.

Entirely possible I haven’t seen enough hentia (I tend to steer clear of bestiality, which is what most of that seems like to me).

2 Likes

Bingo.

Not my kink. Lower species animals can’t give consent, and I’m BIG on mutual consent.

I see what you almost did there.

:wink:

5 Likes

44.8%  

2 Likes

Your score?

Lower than my own most recent percentage, (which wasn’t nearly as low as I had suspected.)

Ditto. Liking this wasn’t enough. Mutual mutual consent is :key2:

6 Likes

5 Likes

Ah, yes! I have several treasured Bad Dragon toys. I am not into their “fantasy critter” framing, but I appreciate the sculpture and craft involved. I would like to get one of those ovipositors also!

For me, it is not so much a matter of fantasising about dragons or weird beasts. I always wanted great toys where form followed function. The norm for years was crude disembodied human genitals which looked awfully tacky, and showed no imagination. I love that now people are more adventurous with using shapes and materials intended to feel interesting rather than simply mimic people. This also carries over to more utilitarian designs such as Lelo, Tenga, etc.

Definitely worth checking out is Judith Glover’s work at RMIT, and her Future Sex studio, involving actual industrial design courses on sex toy design.

4 Likes

61.6% for me

3 Likes

Saw a bit on the telly about her a while back. Really interesting design work.

Trying to hypnotize me with epic man-boobs…well played Mx Melz…

5 Likes

More at https://m.youtube.com/user/vaginalfantasy BTW.

PS: if any of y’all haven’t watched Ms Day’s series The Guild, do so. Very, very good.

5 Likes

Personally, I think more of the same insofar as this is a manifestation of the manic pixie dream girl, except a little dirtier and maybe better educated. That being said, I really want to get Compassion Mindflayer here (thank you @LDoBe) and Harriet from the card catalog into a room to discuss their sexual exploits. These two have formed an unlikely bond due to years of bad management. One night, after working on an insane and useless microfilm backlog cataloging project, they bust out the wine and get real. They laugh, even snorting unattractively at times – they may even cry and hug over lost loves and Compassion’s struggle with depression. I must get a better hobby than imagining the inner lives of random photos.

11 Likes