Facebook gun nuts point loaded guns at their nuts. Guess what happened?

:rofl:
Both of them shooting their balls off is the best outcome. Maybe they would mellow out after that.

4 Likes

Because 'Murica!
Anyone who who thinks this meme is a good idea, that’s about the level of the intellect that you could expect.

Making a mistake and being irresponsible are not the same thing.

I just saw some conservative on Twitter, angry about calls to “defund the police” telling people to all go out and get parking tickets to keep them funded… There’s always been a self-destructive element to the whole “owning the libs” thing, but it’s becoming more extreme (and more exclusively self-destructive).

11 Likes

Nonsense. Any “mistake” with a firearm can be deadly. Any deviation from the basic safety practice of only pointing it at something you are OK with killing is irresponsible.

And that’s one of the fundamental problems with massive proliferation of guns in the US. With 300+ million of the things out there, even tiny percentages of “mistakes” leads to tens of thousands of deaths and hundreds of thousands of injuries.

Where is the line between a mistake and being irresponsible? One video shows a firearms instructor handling a Desert Eagle at a range, and blowing a hole in the ceiling that could just as easily have been one of his students’ head. Another video shows a firearms instructor at a range showing a 9 year old girl how to shoot an Uzi. It was supposed to be in single fire mode but slipped into full auto. The girl couldn’t control it and the resulting spray of bullets killed the instructor. We’re those “mistakes” or irresponsible? And if those “mistakes” were done by certified firearms instructors, what hopes do average people, often with no training at all, have of 100% safe handling of firearms?

14 Likes
2 Likes

Now we’re at the stage where the guy’s punching car windows but Pat Morita isn’t even there…

5 Likes

Right, there are various degrees of jackass in various activities. I find people who don’t wear helmets but still ride like a normal person to be unsafe, but in a way that only endangers themselves, and if they ride correctly they will be ok. Someone who doesn’t wear a helmet AND is weaving in and out of traffic at high speeds is freaking nuts.

Same with the videos of the guys on crotch rockets blowing down the high way at like 150mph and out running cops, they may have leathers on and a helmet, but they too are freaking bonkers.

My point being, no one assumes from watching videos or reading reddit pages that these hyper fast riding videos are the “norm” when it comes to the average rider. Even most people on fast sport bikes think their actions are over the line.

I am not saying their aren’t unsafe gun owners. There are. Though in my experience it isn’t generally the people who are in any part of a “community”. They are the “go shooting twice a year” type. Anyone who ends up shooting around other people gets their unsafe behaviors correctly quickly. But yes, I am not debating there aren’t people who are unsafe about their use.

But I still contend even though I would agree that there is a decent percentage of gun owners who are lax on safety through either ignorance or not caring (or both), the percentage of people who view pointing a loaded gun at their dick with a finger on the trigger being in anyway acceptable is a fraction of a percent. These people mentioned in the group are taking safety violations to an egregious level. People who accidentally flag someone with a muzzle through carelessness are different than someone who intentionally points a gun at someone or themselves.

This is just like any other issue where people find the worst people in that group and try to paint that as how everyone else is or that the overall group is OK with those people.

What is that from? It reminds me of Gorillaz?

It’s from one of their early music videos. Just realizing there are adult humans who are younger than that clip.

2 Likes

Sigh. They are putting anniversary dates on my toys… :confused:

1 Like

From story number 8: Police found the task of explaining the circumstances of his death to his family very awkward indeed.

As to a solution for the police, one need only turn to this (or other) gem from The Onion Horoscope: Your death will be so protracted and violent that investigators will let your mother down easy by telling her you were sodomized in half by a horse.

7 Likes
1 Like

“Such a lot of guns around town and so few brains…” – The Big Sleep

I think the even-more-polite term is “member,” e.g. “a store robbery went awry after the suspect shot himself through the member.”

Even better/worse, just stay home and piss off/freak out the neighbors.

Or, “life imitates Daffy Duck” (specifically, in Show Biz Bugs).

3 Likes

“The wise learn from the mistakes of others. The ordinary learn from their own mistakes. The fools do not learn at all.”

1 Like

Facebook gun nuts point loaded guns at their nuts. Guess what happened?

They were invited to speak at the Republican convention?

9 Likes

I have to agree with you. The people who took part in this meme are at the very sharpest point of the top of the stupidity pyramid.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.