Facebook plans to fix everything by rebranding under a new name

Metaverse is already problematic.

I’d go with Contraverse.

8 Likes

You’d think a company would be reticent to associate itself with a term invented for a story where an evil mega corporation builds a digital world that people use to escape from a real-life dystopian hellscape, and yet…

Irony truly is dead.

20 Likes

dystopia

3 Likes

Well, they do already watch everything everyone does while refusing to lift a finger even in the face of planet-threatening evil.

23 Likes

FaceCoin

8 Likes

FrogHammer. From /Slings and Arrows/.

2 Likes

NewCoke

10 Likes

There is no way in hell is a metaverse going to solve the problems their current online products are shepherding.

3 Likes

I like RageFarm (dot U S), but how about: High School Reunion

10 Likes

There are only two options for app names now- “spelled wrong” or “remove some vowels”. Faysbük? Facebk?

4 Likes

or an r verb at the end.

bookr
faecr

5 Likes

Hey, it worked for Windscale. [shrugs]

7 Likes

Fuck Facebook but this sounds basically like what Alphabet did before them from what I can tell.

7 Likes

Facebook → Fuckbase?

Facefukr?

8 Likes

“Beneficios”? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Another reason behind this move might be more hopeful for those of us who hate zuck’s rage farm. This could indicate that as the userbase is ageing and no longer growing, the company sees the future in their other businesses, and that the facebook part is a declining cash cow.

7 Likes

LoathSome

5 Likes

Okay, who’s the wiseguy who gave Zuck a copy of Neuromancer and/or Snow Crash? Not cool.

15 Likes

On no account should anyone let him near The Diamond Age.

9 Likes

How about a name that highlights their advances in driving social cohesion; something like (((((EchoChamber)))))™

6 Likes