Facebook plans to fix everything by rebranding under a new name

Come on, you all know there’s only one possible new name for the company.

Welcome to ASSBOOK! We are the total opposite of FACEBOOK, promise. FACEBOOK promised you a connection with friends and family to go along with the misinformation and grifting fascism, but ASSBOOK promises you that nothing but shit comes out it.

17 Likes

Rome.

3 Likes

Oh…will it be EvilCorp or SkyNet?

2 Likes

Anti-vaxx Book

4 Likes

I’m hoping for Bankrupt, but I expect it will be something more like Panopticon, with an endoscope as a logo and the motto “up in your business, forever.”

9 Likes

Fece’book. Hmm, even Fleecebook would work.

They could go with “FacePlace,” which in my experience is how people try to signal, “haha, Facebook is silly and pointless though that hasn’t stopped me from installing it on all my devices, or making plans exclusively through it, or posting my latest vacation pics to it but only ironically cause I don’t even like it.”

3 Likes

A rose, by any other name…

4 Likes

He’d probably like to just call it theinternet.com seeing as he likes to get people to think that his ugly great big scam IS the internet. And millions have fallen for it.

(No, I have no idea who or what is there.)

5 Likes

Of course changing names is exactly what every respectable and responsible business does…

10 Likes

The Rule of Goats (NSFW) surely applies to people who use Facebook “ironically”.

1 Like

Let’s see, how about ACME Corp?
Purveyors of superficially nifty-looking stuff which then proceeds to explode in your Face?

11 Likes

Innovative Online Industries is the obvious choice. Or is that too in your Face?

2 Likes

Ho hum, more domains to block at the firewall or in the hosts file.

4 Likes
7 Likes

How about umbrellacorp.com? Or more to the point, residentevil.com. I know these are existing websites but FB can afford to buy the companies that own them outright with his pocket change.

3 Likes

Fascist Book is a good name.

2 Likes

Because changing their name worked so well for Diebold (sorry, " Premier Election Solutions Inc")… wait, ah crap it did, because the people who hand out money to corporations are stupid.

3 Likes

He wants to rename to get a more positive feeling from the public…? And it might be called something like “horizon”? And it uses virtual reality? Hey - how about VRizon? That’ll make us all love them.

4 Likes

Fuckface?

2 Likes

I vote for Facepalm. And frak the Metaverse; I’m holding out for Mr Lee’s Greater Hong Kong.

12 Likes