Facebook to banks: give us our users' financial data and we'll let them bank with Facebook

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/06/surveillance-finance-capitalis.html

9 Likes

38 Likes

gowrong

it promised the banks that the financial data they turned over wouldn’t be shared with third parties.

28 Likes

However, it promised the banks that the financial data they turned over wouldn’t be shared with third parties.

tumblr_pcp7wyCo341v9fn1io1_400

21 Likes

Whew! I was worried for a moment, but if they’ve promised, then I can relax.

23 Likes

Oh fuck you, Facebook; sideways with a rusty, spiked mace.

25 Likes

21 Likes

It worked so well for the news media, I am sure the banks are just lining up.

5 Likes

I see the #deletefacebook hash. Dare i ask a rhetorical question… Does BB have a FB account still?

5 Likes

Facebook: not even once.

16 Likes

So I was going to share your link on FB but even when I indicated that I don’t want your image of mouth-faced Zuckerberg on it I still get it. No idea if that is a setting on your end but guess what- no share for you…

Wow. If my bank even hints at entertaining this batshit crazy idea I’m switching to another bank.

17 Likes

I don’t want social media to even know my bank name, never mind any data.

I just got a phishing email for the correct bank (1/5 chance guess in Canada), but I never open anything like that directly. Encoded in base64, then a script to unpack their payload. I might unpack the script to see which website it was going to contact.

12 Likes

Don’t worry, guys, I’m sure they have their sincere apology typed up and ready to go for that unforeseeable event.

15 Likes

Wait this isn’t a @beschizza post is it?

5 Likes

huh…maybe I need to reconsider green stamps

5 Likes

Honestly i think the post needs more eye/mouth photoshopping. Someone get Rob on the case and eldritch horror the shit out of this.

8 Likes

Does anyone have any experience with merino wool socks holding money as well as cotton socks ? I like to ready my mattress for winter.

7 Likes

Again: FB, GO FUCK YOURSELF.

12 Likes

nope.avi, nope.txt, nope.rtf, nope.c, nope.h, nope nope nope nope. Is that enough nopes to make this bad idea go away?

10 Likes