I ate it this morning!

7 Likes

From the article:

Candians”. Isn’t that sweet…

10 Likes

You are cleared for healthy living!
adventure time breakfast GIF

11 Likes

Sounds awesome. I’ve been thinking of going in that direction. I hope it would help to avoid what feels like a sugar crash.

A lot of countries find the North American taste for a sweet breakfast…unappetizing.

7 Likes

Or just buy plain, unadulterated oatmeal and add whatever you want.Oatmeal

4 Likes

Those fun facts just seem like a way of pointing out once again that giant corporations tend to act like sociopaths. I grant you that it bears repeating.

10 Likes

My Scottish grandmother insisted that the correct way to eat porridge was with salt.

12 Likes

I know I have a recipe for oatmeal and porcini mushroom add pecorino at the finish. If memory serves me you H2O soak the oats over night with the rosemary oregano and assorted herbs, then fold the porcinis in after they are sauté, I use garlic infused olive oil and add fresh minced red onion to spice it up. For easy fast prep, I have the oats already in a freezer container cooked for the ready.

Bon Appetite!

10 Likes

Wait, you didn’t say it has bones in it!

10 Likes

You can work around them!

5 Likes

All this talk of oatmeal, and no mention of muesli. I’m not a huge fan of warm, wet oatmeal, but I love to make and eat muesli with Flahavan’s Jumbo Oats (or any decent whole rolled oat in a pinch), raisins, sliced almonds, coarsely chopped pecans, a little shredded coconut and some cinnamon. Splash some whole milk on a bowl of that stuff … mmmm. I could live on it. Makes me feel like a thoroughbred pony.

7 Likes

Ha, didn’t notice that. Ignore spel;lcheck at your peril. Back in the 1980s worked at a place with a communal word processor, maybe with “WordStar” on it, where one of the users over road all the spellcheck recommendations he got (“no way! that’s not right!”), so we all had his mistakes in all our documents :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Isn’t there someone’s law about that?

6 Likes

Ya, it was intentional…that’s it, I swear. In my defense, being naturally meek and mild I am unfamiliar with the language of the authoritarian .

5 Likes

That is the correct answer!

5 Likes

Or do like the Swiss, and let it macerate for a while in plain or strawberry yogurt.

4 Likes
  1. Quaker Oats Company and MIT took part in a study in the 1940s and 1950s that involved giving radioactive oatmeal to boys with disabilities. They didn’t obtain proper consent, and paid a $1.85-million settlement decades later.

Sounds like the old Ready Brek adverts here in the UK (and yes it was that dismal):

4 Likes

Ahh, yes, colloidal oatmeal baths. I remember them as a baby to calm my skin down.
I buy bags of rolled oats to make nut-free granola so my wife can eat it. I also take 1/2 cup of rolled oats, a fistful of frozen wild blueberries (+ occasionally some cinnamon) and either coconut or oat milk to make oatmeal in the microwave. 6 minutes and it’s ready. A light sprinkle of brown sugar and it’s breakfast!

3 Likes

One of my favorite breakfasts is savory oatmeal.

Add some garlic powder, onion powder, cumin.

Add some bacon or pork sausage bits (precooked)

Cook in microwave.

Top with cheese, salsa, sour cream and some chopped jalapenos.

4 Likes

no way lies GIF by CBC