Fall Holidays 2024!

There are so many cute little ghostie lights. I really like the little clear ones w/a pebbled sort of texture, and some of the blow-mold ones are adorable. I posted pics of both.

The Teru Teru Bozu ones, the little cloth ones, are The Best. I think ours were only around $12.
Lemme go count 'em.
There are 20 of 'em, and the cord’s gotta be around 10 ft.

Here are the Teru Teru Bozu ones we ordered. 20 of 'em on a 10 ft cord, $12, and they ship from amazOMG, 'steada via literal slow boat from China.

Their heads can be turned a little bit, so I arranged ours to look at you as you walk into the kitchen, walk past the fridge, and go over to the sink!

The cloth covering is tied on w/thread. I cut off the longest bits, and the threads can be hidden in the cloth. The thread came off one, so I used a white twist tie to fix it, and it looks fine.

Bonus:
Here’s a link to my loooong “string lights” list at amazOMG. Being an old Goth, ofc th’ majority are Hallowe’en lights, but there are cool Christmas lights in there, too.
Some may be unavailable b/c haven’t the heart to go thru 'em all and delete some dang cute ones. One must hope they’ll be back in stock, too, also.

ETA:
ebay appears to have only one US seller w/Teru Teru Bozu lights, and they’re $21 and change.

I have seen multicolored TTB lights. They’re adorable too, but much harder to find. I’m moar than happys wif our white ones.

4 Likes

9 Likes

Vincent Price Halloween GIF

10 Likes

It’s September!

:grin:

It includes the one that @mspie500 posted above!

8 Likes
10 Likes

What the hell, Home Depot?!?!?

Also, as seen on TikTok?

11 Likes

Costco is giant animatronic werewolves and skeletons on one side of the store, Christmas trees on the other

12 Likes

Jon Ossoff GIF by Election 2020

My local HD…

10 Likes

I was at Home Depot at 6 am yesterday, my favorite time to shop, they still had Halloween stuff out.

7 Likes

You Can Do It GIF by chuber channel

9 Likes

The summer heat broke this week. Temps under 90! May not stay that way though :pensive:
PetSmart had several displays. Including gerbil costumes and Halloween themed gerbil enclosure decor along with the usual pup and cat stuff

8 Likes

Apparently, if you’re born before the internet they just throw random gifs your way. Disappointed!

6 Likes

9 Likes

lalulutres

dberl

Mom and I always called it “Being a Halloween Cat” whenever we’d see freaked-out, en-puffball’d kittehs.

MerelyGifted

@catsofinstagram · Jan 22 From @two.black.cats_: “It’s fricken bats!!! :bat: :black_heart: :paw_prints:#catsofinstagram

unmute so cute

redvampirerose
Art by CottonValent

m-korlan

10 Likes

8 Likes

Kiddo and I do too!
Schitts Creek Girl GIF by CBC

4 Likes

September 1st does mark the beginning of Meteorological Autumn, after all.

8 Likes

So effing cool

5 Likes

5 Likes

Think I’ll go to the Henri David Halloween Ball this year. A local queer institution since the 60’s. He’s still going strong. Costume prizes include the most decadent.

Also:

11 Likes