Family Feud contestant thinks she knows what Popeye's favorite food is, but she's wrong

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/11/family-feud-contestant-thinks.html

1 Like

12 Likes

Has Popeye been relevant in her lifetime? If I got a question wrong about a comic which stopped being a thing decades before I was born (Katzenjammer Kids, Yellow Kid, whatever), I wouldn’t take it too much to heart.

8 Likes

Seriously, the food chain is going to be far more relevant than a bygone cartoon that was pretty long in the tooth even when I was a kid. I doubt the movie had much impact on that.

No.

9 Likes

For that matter, has Mickey Mouse been relevant? I mean obviously yes, in his role as a Disney symbol, but it’s not like Steamboat Willie and other Mickey-related cartoons are really watched much today. Or the Peanuts characters. Yes, in that case maybe the Christmas and Halloween specials keep the characters alive, but a fair number of Millennials (and all of GenZ) were too young to read the strip in papers.

5 Likes

Technically, do we know that spinach is Popeye’s favorite food? He seems to use it more as a performance-enhancing drug, eating it straight from the can, rather than incorporating it in a culinary sense in meals.

54 Likes

Mickey Mouse appeared in this 1987 film.

says things like

3 Likes

Geez, everyone knows that Popeyes’s favorite food is Olive.

Downright Scary Olive Oyl

38 Likes

Am I the only one who didn’t know there was a Canadian version of Family Feud ?

On CBC.

CBC!

My tax dollars at work.

5 Likes

Send me a you-approved list of what you only want your tax dollars spent on & I’ll make sure it gets into the hands of the appropriate Minister(s)

5 Likes

I’ll gladly pay you Tuesday for a chicken sandwich today…

27 Likes

Everyone’s wrong…

16 Likes

Am I the only one who didn’t know there was a Canadian version of Family Feud?

It’s called Family Fortunes in the UK
I guess feud was too violent? I mean we did change the title of the kids cartoon to Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles after all :smiley:

11 Likes

I’m disappointed she is perpetuating negative stereotypes :confused:

Didn’t you guys change Michelangelo’s nunchakus to to a grappling hook, or was that Germany I am thinking of. Either way, I don’t see a lot of reports of ninja violence, so good job?

4 Likes

Im thinking pasta.

2 Likes

I think “gunshot” was a stupider answer.

6 Likes

I think he did the exact thing she did, a rapid-fire word association instead of listening to the question. Alas, the wrong word.

3 Likes

I’ll have whatever red team is having.

5 Likes

If only they’d used Teenage Mutant Hello Turtles

HelloNinja

12 Likes

You’re kidding, right? Did you notice that the other contestant guessed correctly to that painfully easy question?

3 Likes