Famous racist does everyone a favor and dies

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/23/famous-racist-does-everyone-a.html

12 Likes

37 Likes

Adios Mofo, and don’t let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out.

19 Likes

19 Likes

dogma-bob-bye-bye

25 Likes

Sic semper ignoramus.

8 Likes

Can I express relief that he’s dead? When Scalia died everyone said I was a monster for being relieved that he can’t keep hurting us.

Apparently when bad people die I’m not supposed to be glad.

22 Likes

glad gets you gorsuch.

6 Likes

We would have gotten him anyway. Lindsey Graham was stealing the appointment in slow motion. The republicans are only interested in installing republican judges.

5 Likes

at his home in Vichy, France

figures.

TL;DR: The Vichy government led by former WW1 hero general Petain was the interim government that collaborated with Nazi Germany after Germany vanquished France. They were fascists, and both “Vichy” and “Petain” carry a strong negative connotation to most French

Also, the existence of the Vichy Government meant Charles de Gaulle had to fight for legitimacy as the leader of the “Free French”, and both the UK and the US didn’t trust him. Objectively, with good reason: de Gaulle had no political legitimacy.

14 Likes

Not only do I think it is appropriate to express relief at his passing, I will go further and say that on behalf of all my relatives who never made it out of Austria I hope that his last moments were hopeless and filled with black dread.

24 Likes

Don’t worry, another racist was born to take his place.

1 Like

People aren’t ‘born’ racist; they are taught and indoctrinated to be that way.

18 Likes

Artist’s impression:

13 Likes
10 Likes

Political malfeasance and incompetence from the GOP and Democrats (Senatorial, Presidential, and Campaign), respectively, got us Gorsuch.

3 Likes

Who is that? Not weird enough for Bosch, too sharp for Blake or Coppo di Marcovaldo.

Google images.:wink:

But before that, the Parish Church of St Thomas and St Edmund, Salisbury, England.
Circa 1475, artist unknown.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g186414-d2272564-Reviews-The_Parish_Church_of_St_Thomas_and_St_Edmund-Salisbury_Wiltshire_England.html

3 Likes

What Elvis Costello said:

“Well I hope I don’t die too soon
I pray the lord my soul to save
Oh I’ll be a good boy, I’m trying so hard to behave
Because there’s one thing I know, I’d like to live
Long enough to savor
That’s when they finally put you in the ground
I’ll stand on your grave and tramp the dirt down”

9 Likes

Cool. Wish the artist was known.

When I lived in England all my local church had of note was this: