Fantastic search engine for matching Simpsons quotes and screenshots!

[Read the post]

I wish I could mail this to myself about five years ago when I was writing something about a local sushi place.

Edited to add: no results is just as good as getting results.

Excellent!

(Or at least it will be until Fox sics its rabid pack of lawyers on them.)

Hmm. This was the last image I needed:

Alas, while it is easily found with a Google image search for [simpsons the utility room], I cannot seem to find the corresponding string for this search engine.

And now I find variations on “solve this mystery” will bring up various frames just prior to this one, but I can’t seem to get this particular image.

Looks like Google wins this round.

ETA: Oh, now I get it. You’re supposed to click on a shot and then move back and forth through the frames until you find one you like. Just slightly non-intuitive.

It fails on Lady Man (and variations)… Google wins.
It also fails on I’m a star wars

This is severely impacting my productivity today.

Your comment made me curious, so I had to look it up. According to this blog post, the site only indexes seasons 1 through 15. So this explains why your quotes weren’t found.

(“Lady… Man…” comes from season 18, episode 1, “The Mook, the Chef, the Wife and Her Homer” and “I’m a Star Wars” is from season 21, episode 10, “Once Upon a Time in Springfield”.)

Disappointed that “moon pie” didn’t bring up anything relevant. “What a time to be alive” still worked, though!

Finally, the perfect tool to wield against my childhood friend’s mother who insisted the line was “Marge, we’re out of chocolate neapolitan!”

“That’s not the line,” I would insist, “That ruins the joke.” I would tell her.

Then I thought,

maybe she has a more visual learning style so she was inclined to remember something she had read more readily and I’m a bad person for judging someone for not having a very well-tuned sense of humor.

Boingboing article on website shutdown in 3… 2… 1…

Buy 'em out, boys!

Oh, I didn’t get rich by writing a lot of checks.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.