FBI arrests Georgia man suspected of planning to bomb White House

"approach White House “from the back road”

Someone has never been to Washington, DC. It is slightly different than Burford, GA.

8 Likes

I’m curious about the “rendered inert” part… did they take regular explosives and treat them somehow? Why not just give him, IDK, play-doh or whatever.

3 Likes

This is my concern too. I would prefer the FBI not string a person along until they have enough evidence to put them away for life, but instead intervene so the person can receive counseling, attend support groups, and be given correct medication in order to steer the person away from going down the path of their own dark fantasies. However, and tragically, it seems the FBI helps troubled people become even more lost in their dark fantasies; which the FBI motives for doing these things appear to be purely self serving for their organization.

9 Likes

Agreed.

CNN is reporting that the investigation “took more than a year”. I wonder in that time period if they had any opportunities to steer this person in a different direction.

9 Likes

This looks good but why Tom Skerritt?

2 Likes

The question I ask myself, whenever the FBI does this, “Could this person have been saved instead?” I personally think they could have. It’s very sad that there isn’t more public protest to the FBI using people in this way and not ensuring they get the correct help instead.

6 Likes

If only there was some way that he could have done careful research and had accurate maps at his finger tips…

Huh. The White House floors are numbered British style.

5 Likes

And then fire an anti-tank rocket to get inside. If he was planning to fire it from his vehicle, a tip: Keep all the other windows rolled up tight. You want to contain the rocket exhaust to hide your position. /s

11 Likes

That is the creepiest one I have ever seen from you… Have you gone off the deep end?

3 Likes

Note to potential terrorists: set achievable targets. How many people with guns guard the White House on any given day? Hint: more than you can distract by yourself.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

I wonder who got in touch about his radicalization? Cumming is a rather conservative part of the Metro area, and in fact Forsyth used to be a sundown county. And I mean in the 1980s.

10 Likes

Doesn’t have to be anyone, it’s probably his search history or something like that.

1 Like

No, it says in the article that someone tipped the FBI off that he was radicalized.

7 Likes
7 Likes

It is more likely that it took them a year to convince their patsy to make the attack.

Transcript at:

8 Likes

strong text[quote=“MrV, post:24, topic:136915, full:true”]
This is my concern too. I would prefer the FBI not string a person along until they have enough evidence to put them away for life, but instead intervene so the person can receive counseling, attend support groups, and be given correct medication in order to steer the person away from going down the path of their own dark fantasies. However, and tragically, it seems the FBI helps troubled people become even more lost in their dark fantasies; which the FBI motives for doing these things appear to be purely self serving for their organization.
[/quote]
I once asked an FBI Agent that very question. His reaction was scorn and disgust. His response was that if someone is planning a crime their job is to arrest him. I hung in long enough to say “what if you scare the living shit out of them by presenting your information and them telling them they will be under surveillance and are to undergo treatment”. You sure don’t know much about the world was his reply. His job was online entrapment chat rooms. A paid actor in essence luring in the low hanging fruit to justify his $150,000. salary. Fucking scum more interested in a bust than a changing a life in a healthy way.

7 Likes

Since we’re in the dumbest timeline, I’m now picturing something like this:

[two FBI agents back at the office]

“So what is in this inert explosive? Play-doh?”

“No, it’s C4 that has been cut with a large percentage of clay and sawdust just in case the suspect tests it chemical - WAIT! Why do you still have the inert explosive?!

2 Likes

SMFH

7 Likes

Ah yes, “sneak in the back”, the Secret Service will never have thought of that! Genius!

7 Likes

It’s always nice to be dismissed because by not agreeing with them then we don’t know how the world really works. There’s just so much to unpack from such sentiments.

Also, if planning a crime is a crime, the solution is to create laws which structures how to rehabilitate people arrested for planning crimes.

I guess I’m just old fashion and believe a person’s life is valuable, and if they can be helped, they should be given the choice to receive it.

3 Likes