FBI arrests militia members on charges that they were plotting to kidnap the governor of Michigan and overthrow the state government

4 Likes

a Michigan militia known as the Wolverine Watchmen

Worst comic book crossover event ever.

32 Likes

And the Trump campaign is in there immediately with the DARVO action.

21 Likes

It will come as a surprise to no one that they’re White Supremacists.

Pic from the article, proof enough for me:

23 Likes

Ugh. “Concerning” too, perhaps?

At this point I’m waaay beyond disturbed by the schemes and growing numbers of these aggrieved angry white terrorists.

19 Likes

The line between Trumpie and Domestic terrorist is non-existent.

18 Likes

Wow, just going all in with support for terrorists and attacking the victims of it.

Not even remotely surprised. These assholes are still trying to pawn off obvious mass murder in WI as “self defense”.

16 Likes

Whenever I hear language like this from journalists I’m reminded of reporter Malcolm Gladwell reminiscing about how he got in a competition with another writer at the Washington Post to see who could shoehorn a particular phrase into the most stories:

Now, I don’t remember whose idea the contest was, whether it was me or Billy, but we were just so inseparable in those days, it was probably a combination. But what we decided was to introduce the phrase “raises new and troubling questions” to American journalism. And the contest was that we were going to give ourselves a month, and the person who got that phrase into the newspaper the most times over the course of the month would win.

10 Likes

Is there any precedent for charging people with stochastic terrorism? This is absolutely the result of “LIBERATE MICHIGAN” and similar attacks from covid-in-chief

13 Likes

Heh.

I guess what’s new and troubling to me is that they seem to have succeeded.

Reminds me in turn of what I imagine as the implied NPR listener. A cheerful, ostensibly happy person who finds the NPR musical interludes comforting and cheering, but also feels sometimes troubled, concerned and even disturbed during their air-conditioned commute, as they imagine Nina Totenberg or Bob Edwards mildly furrowing their brow at times.

7 Likes

They Might Be Giants even used the phrase to name one of their albums.

11 Likes
22 Likes

Y’all Qaeda

23 Likes

They live like that - yet somehow have plenty of money to buy a truckload of guns.

I’ll bet they own cells phones too. /s

14 Likes

Mugshots-

7 Likes

And what a fascinating collection of mugs it is.

Blonde Hitler
Human Sonar Receiver
Mirror Universe Patton Oswalt
Chinless Nobeardy
Rejected extra from Harrison Ford’s The Witless
“They can’t hang me if they can’t find my neck!”
Dori, Ori & Nori
Meth Wizard

18 Likes

You will never find a more wretched hive of fetal alcohol, neglect and consanguinity. We must be cautious.

18 Likes

I hear mouth harps.

10 Likes

That moment in every RPG when I’m like “damn I’m gonna have to just start with a new face.”

13 Likes

Worst boy band ever.

15 Likes