FBI arrests militia members on charges that they were plotting to kidnap the governor of Michigan and overthrow the state government

“Respect mah priORiteees”

Eric Cartman, maybe

2 Likes

Right attitude- but they’re much dumber than him.

3 Likes

It’s only just beginning. Assholes are seeing the end and not liking it.

13 Likes

Look deeper.

Amidst the gunsmoke and screams of the wounded, we begin to see that small-town America is a monumental historical force, to be harnessed for good or evil, and this film is a vicious tug-of-war for the soul of this powerful political locus.

2 Likes

And the white guy county sheriff says “hey, maybe they were just doing a citizens arrest.”

What crime they were arresting her for is unclear.

11 Likes

Thread:

Again: fascism is a middle class pathology. The core of Trump’s base are the petty bourgeois.

16 Likes

Like the good doctor says, you can’t organize and arm a militia to overthrow the government unless you’ve got both leisure time and enough money to build an armory.

15 Likes

Did you notice how I didn’t praise the film for its content, message or political content. Yes I know the film’s politics are hot flaming radioactive garbage. But it was well made watchable film.

Look at this cast!
Patrick Swayze
Jennifer Grey
Leah Thompson
Powers Booth!!!
Ron O’Neal (Superfly!!!)
William Smith!! (BAMF character actor/Former NSA spook)
C. Thomas Howell
Charlie Sheen
Harry Dean Stanton!
Lane Smith (Who played a collaborator here and on V the Series the same year)

Also the film was praised for its depiction of a Russian gunship, plane, tank and mobile anti-aircraft

2 Likes

Unless you have a sugar daddy, like the USSR dumping its guns and semtex on you to test it out. (See the entire Post-Colonial world from 1949-89)

1 Like

They sure were not thinking about the consequences to their families if convicted, 20 years to life.

They must be thinking Trump will simply pardon them and invite them to the White House.

2 Likes

Holy shit! The local sherriff actually said that he’s hoping they were trying to make a citizens arrest and suggested that Gov. Whitmer is guilty of felony?

“Are they trying to kidnap? ‘Cause a lot of people are angry with the governor and they want her arrested,” Sherriff Leaf said. “So are they trying to arrest, or was it a kidnap attempt?”
“Because you can still, in Michigan if it’s a felony, you can make a felony arrest,” the sheriff continued, citing a Michigan law on citizens’ arrests.
“Doesn’t say if you’re in elected office, you’re exempt from that arrest. So I have to look at it from that angle,” he said. “I’m hoping that’s more what it is. In fact, these guys are innocent until proven guilty, so I’m not even sure they had any part in it.”

13 Likes

The guy is apparently affiliated with some kind of ‘sovereign sheriffs’ movement that claim county sheriffs outrank federal officials in their own counties.

Wonder if he thinks it’s OK for citizens to arrest a cop for murder (gonna guess “nope.”)

17 Likes

Time to fire the guy. Hold a new election if necessary. He has declared himself unfit for the office.

9 Likes

Cool, cool. So we can arrest Sheriff Dar Leaf for felony dumbassery, right?

10 Likes

Perhaps you missed that their “families” mostly consist of their parents? Adult men we’re talking about, yeah?

4 Likes

No need. The Governor can handle that shithead. From a different story:

“ In Michigan, sheriffs can only be removed by recall or by a governor’s order.”

From this:

13 Likes

17 Likes

Then that is their family’s. People whom depend on them. Their concern was not a concern. They done raised their boys wrong. :no_entry_sign: :bulb:

1 Like

There are much more recent examples for that:

But, of course, the guns and money flow isn’t limited to insurgencies:

7 Likes

They all look alike.

4 Likes