FBI concludes Niagara Falls bridge explosion was just a car wreck, turns investigation over to traffic cops; Ted Cruz insists it was terrorists

Ted Cruz, I didn’t know terrorists are using Bentleys in their terroristic acts. I can understand why you insist it was a terror attack. You already said your thoughts and prayers and so there is no going back.

10 Likes

Ted Cruz will always be a waste of a senate seat and good American air.

8 Likes

Tired Wheel Of Time GIF by Dragonmount GIFS

6 Likes

Not always.

Sometimes he’s in Cancun :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

Republicans, after a mass shooting: “Let’s take some time to cool down. We wouldn’t want to be hasty, and we certainly don’t want to politicize this tragedy!”
Also Republicans: “Let’s politicize the hell out of this accident before everyone figures out it wasn’t terrorism!”

Oh, they’re way ahead of you…

14 Likes

Hey now, they always found all the communists they were looking for.

10 Likes

That reminded me of this:

“My car is right here,” he said, pointing to a goddam Mercedes.

“For an anarchist, you sure live a lot like a capitalist,” I commented as we got into that beautiful machine crystallized out of stolen labor and surplus value.

“I’m not a masochist,” Hagbard replied. “The world makes me uncomfortable enough. I see no reason to make myself more uncomfortable. And I’m damned if I’ll drive a broken-down jalopy that spends half its time in a garage being repaired merely because that would make me seem more ‘dedicated’ to you left-wing simpletons. Besides,” he added practically, “the police never stop a Mercedes and search it. How many times a week do you get stopped and harassed, with your beard and your psychedelic Slaveswagon, you damned moralist?”

“Often enough,” I admitted, “that I’m afraid to transport dope in it.”

“This car is full of dope,” he said blithely. “I’m making a big delivery to a dealer up in Evanston, on the Northwestern campus, tomorrow.”

6 Likes

Get a Ferrari, Lamborghini or Maserati. They are made by communists. I admit, they are expensive to repair, but so are Mercedes.

9 Likes

The submarine rose above the plateau, lifting into the waters of Lake Totenkopf. Mooring it well below the surface on the shore opposite Ingolstadt, Hagbard and about thirty of his crew entered scuba launches and buzzed to the surface. Parked on a road beside the lake was a line of cars, led by a magnificent Bugatti Royale. Hagbard grandly ushered George, Stella, and Harry Coin into the enormous car. George was shocked to see that the chauffeur was a man whose face was covered with gray fur.

4 Likes

For those in the dark (as was I), here’s what I gather is that quote’s source:

12 Likes

What’s that?

FNORD

5 Likes
8 Likes

tumblr_4dec6b1ff1351efbd32d970b332e059f_898949fb_540

3 Likes

When they do deceive the public about terrorism, they usually tend toward false positives, though.

8 Likes

FBI uses green scare. It’s Super Effective.

4 Likes

Hoover__Wed like to know a bit about you_phixr

12 Likes

Since when does Discourse allow blank posts?

2 Likes

Glad we agree! Here’s hoping your account name doesn’t prove to be prophetic.

2 Likes

“The FBI has found no evidence of [theory that was never supported by evidence or basic logic in the first place]” is not evidence in favor of any such theory.

Plus, it’s usually pretty self-evident when something is an act of terrorism because the people committing said act want the public to know about it. That’s the whole point.

8 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Griping about moderation, bias, et cetera