FBI Dir. Wray on Trump's FBI attacks: I'll only comment on 'opinions that matter'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/14/wray-comey.html

3 Likes

Ouch; he might want to get some ice for that.

11 Likes
5 Likes

A Wray of hope.

9 Likes

tumblr_p9grt1INCN1r7qfb9o1_540

28 Likes

oh yes let’s all be morons and fall for the distraction to keep talking about emails of people who are no longer in office and will never hold a political office again

keep ignoring the burning fire that is being set to the rest of the country by the people actually in charge, surrounded by their family put into power by unprecedented cronyism

what exactly is the plan for 2020? are the dems going to put up another 60-70 year old with decades of sorted past to be attacked?

because we’re going to be talking about completely meaningless emails through 2024 at this rate with billions of dollars of airtime

3 Likes

Wray’s balls must be pure neutronium. Get too close, you might fall into the gravity well and become sphaghetified.

1 Like

“But my emails”?

That’s hilarious :laughing:

24 Likes

I think you mean “sordid” and not “sorted”.

The news cycle moves so fast that almost nothing can stick anymore. “But her emails!” was a rallying cry for the “disenfranchised” so there we go.

And if most of us make it to 2024 “at this rate”, I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

3 Likes

“Everybody has an opinion. But only nine people write opinions that MATTER.”

4 Likes

How have we gotten to the point where even the FBI thinks of itself as a brand? Isn’t being an institution important/enough?

3 Likes

Me and which other 8?

2 Likes

I didn’t realize that you were one of the Supremes…

and I’m not sure I’d be bragging about the “core values” during the Hoover years.

3 Likes

supremes%20stop%20in%20name%20of%20love
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

To be fair, you’ve never heard me sing…

7 Likes

I can’t speak for others, but it’s the pink chiffon that will convince me . . .

6 Likes

The FBI is an organisation that was founded to suppress anti-racist and anti-capitalist dissent, and that is still what they do. They organised the Red Scares; they blackmailed MLK; they assassinated Fred Hampton; they ran Hoover’s Lavender Scare.

They are still actively persecuting Muslim Americans, Black Lives Matter activists, etc etc

4 Likes

FTFM! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

bb4me shakes fist at computer. “Damn you, autocorrect!”

1 Like