FBI gets warrant to search Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin's email

For sure, Republicans have never been above the too-moronic-to-dispute kindergarten smear. And I suppose the media have always covered these stories in proportion to how much it’s Candidate X’s “turn” for negative press, rather than the merits of the stories themselves. But the extreme nature of this election has made it so explicit that it’s, like, genuinely insane. People in the Washington Post offices appear to be saying “it’s horrible that we might get a fascist president, but we have no choice but to endorse these bullshit stories in order to make it more likely”.

1 Like

Now that Ken Starr’s on the wrong end of an actual rape scandal, he’s been a lot more friendly towards the Clintons and lot more concerned about civility in politics.

Comey is doing exactly what his handlers are telling him to do. A hundred years from now if there are republicans anywhere in the universe they will still be babbling “Benghazi, emails, Monica”

5 Likes

It would have served the world far better if this sanctimonious hypocrite had found decency back when he was doing his best to ruin a presidency.

2 Likes

11 Likes

FiveThirtyEight had Trump’s odds at under 12% less than two weeks ago, now they’re about twice that. This email nonsense is a big part of that.

3 Likes

For what?

What crime has she committed that would involve “locking her up”?

Do you feel Hillary should be “locked up” because her aide’s husband used her aide’s computer to send inappropriately dirty emails?

13 Likes

On what charge? I’ve never really been clear on that part, but I get the impression Trump’s supporters aren’t either.

11 Likes

High Grand Felony Crookedness, of course.

12 Likes

So I guess you would agree that Trump is probably a serial sexual predator who has abused children as well? After all, he’s been accused by a lot of women (including one wife!) and is going to court for the rape of a 13-year-old girl in December.

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire, right? Or does that only apply to emails that it’s not entirely clear to most people what was actually illegal or why?

Someone who’s entire life has been built around enriching himself and screwing other people does not seem to be much of a difference. We’ve seen what he does when he can manipulate the rules in his favor: paying zero taxes is “smart.” You know what else is “smart” like that? Using the power of the President to make you and your friends even richer.

16 Likes

Pfft.

12 Likes

You didn’t answer my direct question: on what charge do you think she could be locked up for in this situation?

In what way is Hillary “crooked” and in what way has she broken the law?

14 Likes

I asked an extremely straightforward question (on what charge?) and your answer is “watch Fox News.” So basically you just backed up my supposition that Trump supporters aren’t clear on the answer to that question either.

16 Likes

16 Likes

He’s good at tax avoidance, I admit. But that brings us to:

Does he have the inclination to?

How will building an impossible (and impossibly expensive) wall achieve this?

14 Likes

I call Hitchens:

13 Likes