FBI looking into alleged GoFundMe dog scam by Rep. George Santos

Originally published at: FBI looking into alleged GoFundMe dog scam by Rep. George Santos | Boing Boing

8 Likes

OMG, if him stealing $3000 from a dying dog is what gets him, that will be poetic justice.

34 Likes

This is how all media outlets should identify him moving forward.

29 Likes

One site I read identifies him as “George Santos” (R-NY).

19 Likes

Karma is a (occasionally literal) b*tch.

11 Likes

It would be… though I can’t imagine the consequences of that bit of fraud compare to the trouble he’d get into for what seems like some pretty serious money laundering and larger scale fraud (e.g. with his Ponzi scheme “investments”). I did read that some of the investigations into him are basically being stood down because there are so many going on at the same time by multiple law enforcement entities and they’re stepping on each other’s toes… I hope we don’t end up with some insignificant charges because the investigations into the more serious crimes get dropped (like with Trump).

10 Likes

I expect a GoFundMe for"legal expenses" soon. If it worked once … (a little traveling money?)

7 Likes

Stealing from a dog could come back to… bite you in the ass.

11 Likes

If some media outlet doesn’t go with “Santos screwed the pooch” as the headline for this story, I will be very, very disappointed.

10 Likes

Better to let the Department of Justice get rid of him than wait for Congress to do the job.
He will probably use resignation as leverage to avoid prison time.

3 Likes

There’s very likely a connection between his giving up his committee assignments and the criminal investigations (this, the election funds fraud, etc).

4 Likes

Not that Republicans will admit to that. Too many of their own have shady campaign finances they don’t want scrutinized.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.