FBI: U.S. law enforcement infiltrated by white supremacists

I bet that he doesn’t. You know why?

Because he has it uncovered.

31 Likes

[quote=“Max_Blancke, post:53, topic:93930, full:true”][quote=“Brainspore, post:51, topic:93930”]
Just because a forum leans “anti-racism” doesn’t mean it’s your moral duty to provide balance as the resident apologist for acts of racism.[/quote]
And I really do not want to do that, or be perceived to be doing that, since I am not myself a racist, and avoid those who are.
[/quote]   

15 Likes

No shock here. I know a bunch of cops that listen to white supremacist pod cast and make racist ranks all day long. Take their power, authority, and weapons. That’s the only to fix this.

3 Likes

I would think so as well.

Or get it removed.

6 Likes

I am not making any claims about the guy’s politics. I am strictly looking at his tattoo, because the eagle is unusual.

Either way, Max, you’re attempting to derail the topic again by attempting to derail the fact that the US police are heavily populated by white supremacists by discussing minutiae of the pictured cop’s tattoos. We know that sticking up for cops is a spinal reflex for you, but could you stick to the actual topic for once?

30 Likes

You know how it is. The cop made an “error” with that tattoo, “apologises” when someone calls him out on it, probably covers it up if it will have serious consequences for him, but otherwise keeps showing it. Where have I seen similar behaviour before…?

9 Likes

Sounds a bit hyperbolic to me. Some on the left, such as myself, are vocal that there needs to be a degree of militancy among us for progressive values to survive and thrive. Raising awareness is a great start, but nothing happens if people aren’t willing to put their philosophies into practice.

As for why Republicans have a fit, it’s because they control enough of broadcast media that the pointing out of their hypocrisy gets drowned in noise. And simply that those who prefer to exploit others lose their parasite role when confronted with an equitable and egalitarian society. The threat to an ideology they perceive as natural and inevitable is perceived as an existential crisis, so they lash out in a way that saves face, which sounds superficially strong even if it defies reason or efficacy for anybody else.

i dunno… it’s ringing a bell…

Anyway, as for the topic, I have a few particular people that I need to save this article for the next time I get into an argument, as their image of cops is of selfless heroes of the community, and not bullies with badges (spoiler: they’re all white men).

7 Likes

Avoiding a swastika may well have been for purposes of (im)plausible deniability. Evidently the tattoo as it stands wasn’t enough to get him fired, but perhaps a swastika on the forearm would - one hopes - be a bridge too far.

It’s remarkable to me that this kind or parsing might be going on in a modern police department. The semiotics of the tattoo are pretty clear.

14 Likes

it is not my intention to derail the topic, which I agree is an important one. I do not think that discussing the image used in the article is OT. Would it be more on topic to mention that Officer Lindermann has been identified as being associated with a skinhead music group?
http://www.dailydot.com/irl/philadelphia-police-ian-hans-lichterman-nazi-allegations/

1 Like

If I were a betting man, I would bet a substantial sum that he did not get that tattoo to express his admiration for the values of the Weimar republic.

21 Likes

And, according to the article that you’ve linked, he is listed as a member of the Neo-Nazi and white supremacist group Blood & Honor. That’s not a music group, that’s an extremist hate group, according to the SPLC. Nice attempt at a deflection, though, but, unlike you, I actually read the link that you posted in full.

And, because you’ve been in the habit of deleting your posts, I’m quoting yours in full and making sure this one doesn’t get deleted along with it.

18 Likes

@Max_Blancke, you’re playing with the equivocation fallacy again (and failing to derail in defense of the Nazi-cop, because the link that you posted states that it is a white power music group, so he’s a white supremacist regardless of how you argue or derail), and ignoring the fact that, just because it’s a “music group” doesn’t mean that it isn’t an integral part of the white supremacist culture.

And, just for completion’s sake, here’s the SPLC link:

According to the very link that you posted, he’s associated with that group. Care to try again in trying to convince us that Officer Lichterman isn’t a hate filled bigot that views non-whites as vermin, as all good card-carrying emblem-tattooed Neo-Nazis should?

19 Likes

For example:

Now I’ll stand by to be informed by an expert on Nazi regalia that these guys weren’t real and dangerous racists because they weren’t direct participants in their group’s activities at the camps. Unless there’s actual genocide going on, you see, our concerns about creeping authoritarianism and white supremacy is all “overreaction” by liberals, BLM, etc.

12 Likes

I think Lindermann is a White supremacist. I had not heard of Blood and Honor, so I did a search. Wikipedia came up first, and their entry was mostly about it being a Skinhead music network. I understand that much skinhead youth recruiting is through music. I am not trying to defend any of them. Not Lindermann himself, racist police, or the Skinheads. I think you are just being antagonistic. You are arguing as if I am defending him, but I am not. I have not said one word in defense of him. I have never in my life said anything that defends skinheads.
Can we go back to talking about the subject at hand?

2 Likes

5 Likes

Stupid. We are not going to wait for full blown fascism. We are going root it out before it starts.