FDA warns bakery that “love” is not a common ingredient

Eh - there are at least a few recipes that use… uh… love sauce…

https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Harvest-collection-semen-based-recipes/dp/1481227041

3 Likes

I read that in some parts of Spain, there is a traditional Christmas custard made with bull semen. But I had never learned anything more about it.

And double the FDA dose of irony, too.

so you’ve been in?

My inclination to rag on the joyless bureaucrats was severely curtailed by the fact that the joyless bureaucrats also found unsanitary conditions and injurious filth.

Maybe there’s a compromise here: the bakery can include cutesy-poo faux ingredients as long as they’re things like “filth.”

7 Likes

Can’t source good sloth these days. Most bakeries have switched to gray squirrel.

4 Likes

West Concord MA. That’s Thoreau territory, it’s another evolution in the constant local struggle between petty joyless bureaucrats and injurious unsanitary filth.

Lately though, it’s a struggle involving some pretty good bagels.

Oooh Oooh, I have! Not in… 15 years… jeez… but I have! I can attest it was totally infested with hippies at that time. I used to work across the street and didn’t even realize it was the same place I used to go until I heard about this on the local radio and was like OH, THAT BAKERY!

I did an inspection for their bank. So NYAH.

I’m not a food health inspector. I am an environmental health inspector. “Filth” isn’t a word I’d apply liberally to the place. “Antiseptic” is also not a word I’d use. I haven’t been in in a long time. It wasn’t a traditional space to use for a bakery cafe.

Some folks probably wouldn’t be comfortable there, that’s why there is Concord Tea Cakes literally across the tracks from there. CTC is for the wedge heel crowd.

2 Likes

say ‘made with love’ in the ad copy about how it’s also made with ‘natural’ whatever and ‘by hand’

the legally mandated ingredient list is…legally mandated, and has rules about what can actually be put there.

3 Likes

Whelp, that covers my ‘learn something new everyday’ to-do item.

–makes a great stocking stuffer, or a fine addition to your community library box!

1 Like

As a former professional, I have no idea what you are talking about.

2 Likes

Your handle makes me want to not believe you.

2 Likes

I always tell the truth, ask anyone.

1 Like

Silly FDA - “love” is code for LSD.

2 Likes

I thought it was methylenedioxymethamphetmaine to be honest.

1 Like

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.