February was Earth's hottest month on record ever. Yes, you should freak out

Someday kids, all of this will be gone.

2 Likes

yawn…
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/02/070228-mars-warming_2.html

Panic?!?

• Do you want wars? Because that’s how you get wars!
2 Likes

Oh, it’s not even the American thing.

The new head of Australia’s Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, the organization that did climate research, decided to eliminate all climate research that didn’t specifically address profit to be made from it.

Turnbull’s government has also emphasized science that can be easily commercialized, according to media reports.

In December, CSIRO’s management audited the atmosphere and oceans program for its commercial potential.

“We were having a hard time in demonstrating the capacity to be commercially valuable,” one CSIRO scientist said. “Not that climate science can’t demonstrate incredible economic value to society by helping to adapt and reduce damages and risks, but that’s not the kind of economics that the new CEO and the government is going after.”

1 Like

Then it’s too late to run back to the cliff edge. Wile E., and time to figure out how to soften the landing.

Anyone who is opposed to more burning of coal and petroleum can readily convince me that s/he is concerned about climate change.

Anyone who is opposed to more burning of coal and petroleum and also opposed to replacing them with natural gas, nuclear, and hydropower is going to convince me that s/he has an agenda, and climate change is not it.

1 Like

No need to worry - that’s if you have high temperatures and high atmospheric oxygen! High temperatures and high atmospheric CO2 means New Mexico will likely alternate between parched heatwaves and flooding/hurricanes/snowfall, and the insects will be normal sized, but instead we’ll get scary anoxic oceans! (Enjoy the seafood while you can, guys!) So it’s all good (unless you want to live in New Mexico, which I wouldn’t suggest)!

1 Like

Just grab some from the river, like everybody else:

Continuing the discussion from How can women disrupt male speech domination?:

4 Likes

Once again, I didn’t see this as an attack, but a pro-ZPG thing.

Am I too much of a admittedly weird Pollyanna?

3 Likes

AD HOMINEM, YOU COCK!

(Can you make ad hominem attacks on yourself? I’m not clear on that point).

4 Likes

Climate change activists need to guard against looking like this.

4 Likes

People like me who use ad hominem arguments are assholes, and you shouldn’t believe anything they say.

5 Likes

Kilroy Drank Milkshake Here?

1 Like

More reason to abolish fossil fuels immediately.

1 Like

Easier said than done.

1 Like

True; it’s the same of abolishing junk food and tobacco: it’s good in the long run, but countless lobbyists and corporate shills will do anything to prevent that from ever happening.

2 Likes

Plus, there are people who like junk food. I for one love sweets, and will react with hostility to attempts to tax sugar.

That’s because Salt and Sugar are really addictive stuff.

2 Likes

And? It tastes good. It provides a little pleasure for a bland life. Touch my little pleasures and I’ll start biting. The do-gooders want to ban and tax and restrict and don’t bother with even trying to provide equal or better alternatives. Best we can expect is some inferior ersatz substitute.

2 Likes

From across the room, even!

Image-search on “coding horror”. It’s originally from Code Complete.