Federal agents guard Fauci so 'nobody tries to break in [to my home] and, as Steve Bannon would like, have somebody behead me'

Says Steve Bannon....
6 Likes

The thing that struck me about the show was that there was showing how the political class, seeking to put the best face on everything for the world, failed. But it also shows how when a decision was made, the people worked together and came through to literally move mountains. The evacuation of the people, the clearing of the roof, and the digging out under the building by the miners show that there were also successes from the disaster. People there clearly had a sense of duty to each other. This is clearly something we don’t have in America.

12 Likes

We do: the health care professionals, collectively, are showing their loyal sense of duty to everyone during the pandemic. Right now, every day at every hospital is getting harder than the last. Where we don’t have it is in the executive, half of congress most of the judiciary, as well as most of the state leaderships, and an unknown (to me) huge chunk of business. The population is probably 25% duty bound, 50% could go either way and the remaining 25% are complete tools.

11 Likes

So it’s similar. The people stand together when our governments fuck us over.

9 Likes

It makes me also think of the old folks and people already with terminal cancer who volunteered to clean up the radioactive water and debris at the Fukushima reactors. That sense of collective responsibility is a lot stronger in Japan than here in the USA, but we do have streaks of it. Probably our firefighters and teachers are like this, too.

12 Likes

Don’t we have to wait until he’s out of office otherwise they would all be pardoned?

And… Isn’t it illegal to incite violence?

1 Like

It depends on the violence, and how you incite it.

IIRC, it has to be immediate and believable to be criminal. A simple “If X happens we should be up in arms” wouldn’t count, whereas “X happened, everyone get your guns and let’s go!” could be. Likewise, if the violence you’re trying to incite is, well, crazy (i.e. “everyone use your superpowers to melt his brain!”) you’re not going to be charged with inciting violence since it’s not something that’s believed to be possible.

1 Like

When did we, as a nation, become a bunch of violent, mouth-breathing losers?

To paraphrase: We have a democracy, for as long as we can keep it.

3 Likes

Couldn’t they arrest Steve Bannon? If not for this, for also calling for the beheading of the head of the FBI?

4 Likes

If nothing else, the Trump administration had many months of continuous opportunities, on numerous fronts, to start doing the right things, which were incredibly obvious and often incredibly easy, and still didn’t do them (and, in fact, often deliberately made things worse), for reasons that were far more pathetic than what drove the Soviet leadership.

4 Likes

Half the country are witch-burning terrorists who literally want to kill anyone who disagrees with them.

3 Likes

To get to the other side!

Oh it wasn’t a chicken joke, but a question. Probably because money.

I mean, that’s just paranoia

It should be a crime to threaten to kill someone.

But, you know, freedom.

1 Like

In a Huffington Post “Day in the Life” profile of Dr. Anthony Fauci

That was pretty detailed, to the point of being invasive. They even included his “bathroom breaks,” almost surprised there wasn’t a log report.

I suspect that someone with epidemiology experience is notably better equipped than average to understand that the ‘stochastic terrorism’ approach, and it’s likely impact on morbidity and mortality.

Aside from how sad and ridiculous that we’ve apparently gotten to the point where you can’t be a public health guy without drawing the ire of homicidal nutjobs; does it strike anyone else as (completely consistent with the behavior and beliefs of those nutjobs in other areas; but still totally nuts) astonishing that Fauci would be on the top of anyone’s list of people involved in American medicine who really need their heads hacked off?

We’ve got some of the…finest…medical insurer horror stories in the world, certainly in the developed world; we’ve got Sacklers, Shkreli; a long list of essential drugs that increase in price hundreds or thousands of percent more or less because they can; and Fauci is the object of interest?

I’m not advocating extrajudicial executions of corporate officers as the ideal plan to the reform of the American medical system; but we are, quite literally, in a situation where there are quite a few people who have had friends and family more or less literally killed for profit by fairly readily identifiable people(or at least underlings working with their approval) by inability to get some drug or having to let a treatment go too long because of cost, or addiction to prescription opiates or similar; and if there’s any reason that’s a justified and understandable reason for some vigilante justice that (long) list of tragic cases would seem to be it.

But no, we’ve had, last I checked, pretty much zero activity along those lines; and Fauci has to have feds on guard?

7 Likes

Because it has nothing to do with “public health,” it has to do with Trumpist loyalty. Fauci has proven himself to be “disloyal” and therefore must be “dealt with.” Because our government is now essentially a mafia organization, don’t you know?

12 Likes

We were once a civil nation in our discourse.
We could disagree without hate, we could persuade without threats.

Not everywhere and not in all things but far more than we seem capable now.

What was once a high calling to serve the Nation is now just a smash and grab raid. The thugs of Clockwork Orange DO work for the government, they are the government far too often now.

1 Like

Of course we wait if/until Lord Dampnut is out of office. That should have been more clear.
Mea culpa.

Well, it probably should be, but he can always use the ‘just kidding’ and ‘just trying to inflame the Libtards’ fallback excuses like they all do.
Now, maybe if some Loon actually tries something & cites Bannon’s words as inspiration, then maybe someone, somewhere would Do Something About It.

I’m not holding my breath about it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.