Federal charges for Donald Trump

Yeah well anyway, if he is able to run from prison and does so, his chances of winning are pretty small. Yes, feverish diehard Trompers would become even more diehard, but they’d also be a relatively small voting block.

14 Likes

They could make it a requirement of any plea deal. If he had been smart enough to cooperate.

And he can’t vote for himself in Florida.

7 Likes

SPARE HIS LIFE…

pause

NO, FUCK IT, HE’S A MONSTROSITY.

14 Likes

He has to be getting pretty squirrelly between now and Tuesday. I wonder if he’ll be able to squanch his desire to demand violent action from the MAGAts?

7 Likes

I don’t know specifics of the US but in most common law systems c.95% of indictable offences have a guilty plea and the vast majority of those that don’t are found guilty.

However, majority and most are doing a bit of obfustication there. The exceptions tend to be sociopathic career criminals and sociopathic wealthy criminals who both lawyer up and deny everything.

9 Likes
13 Likes

Not sure about that - from time to time Markov chains produce understandable sentences.

6 Likes

I thought his chances of winning in 2016 were pretty small, but here we are. I’m hoping he takes a plea deal that includes him not running for office. fingers crossed

4 Likes

That and asking his supporters for money are his standard moves. I doubt he’ll stop until he’s denied access to electronic devices. After that, he’ll get a minion to post for him.

11 Likes

I really think he won’t ever promise not to run for office.
First, his whole M.O. is never apologize, never admit he is wrong, attack the accusers and, apparently, project his own crimes/flaws back on the accusers: they are racist, they are corrupt, they are subverting the election.
A plea deal where he accepts guilt is unlikely. If he signs one, he won’t stick to it. See the sexual assault and defamation case, the day after he lost the case, he went back to defaming the victim by calling her a liar.

Second, the original plan, before he actually won in 2016 was to run for office and not win. His goal is to get the media attention he thinks he deserves and lots of donations to the campaign that he could divert into his own pockets. The last election and this current campaign actually stuck with this plan. His only motivation to win is, that while he is president, he can pardon himself or depend on the Justice Department policy not to indict a sitting president. If he does not ever run again, he loses out on the sweet, sweet grift.

He won’t shut up. Even if, in the highly unlikely event, he goes to jail, he will continue to tweet or “truth” and if he is barred from running, he will hold rallies and post comments about how, if he was in office, he would be doing a better job than whoever is actually in office, Republican or Democrat. He craves the attention and the donations. The Republicans will continue to pander to him to keep the flow of donations coming from the duped Trump followers.

9 Likes

I imagine him running anyway, in spite of a plea deal. “Unfair deal. SAD!”

3 Likes

Why, next Tuesday is the day before his birthday. What a thoughtful and timely present!

12 Likes

21 Likes

What’s the conviction rate of paper billionaires?

6 Likes
11 Likes

IMHO, the problem with billionaires isn’t the conviction rate. It’s the indictment rate.

12 Likes

:musical_note:
spare us more crap from this monstrosity!
“Easy come? Easy go? Will you let me go?”
hell no! we will not let you go! will not let you go! will not let you go-o-o-o-o!

Sheesh this filk all but writes itself.

3 Likes

:100:
:dart:

:100:
:dart:

It’s all about the grift.*
Things, deliverables, that can be monetized.
What has TFG sold and to whom, and to what end?
That whole crime family is consistent at least.

I mean, in between doing phenomenally stupid things for ego-boosting.
9 Likes

That’s what happened with Spiro Agnew, but it won’t happen here. Trumpy has too much invested in grifting off of the MAGAts and trying to influence all systems in his favor. There is no way he could shut his yap and move on like Agnew did.

9 Likes

Thanks, now I’ve got a “Bohemian Rhapsody / Fiddler on the Roof” mashup playing in my head.

10 Likes